Pitch Tunneling

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
While 'pitch tunneling' is a thing I don't know about trying to train it, there's a lot of unanswered questions. How big should the tunnel/ring be, 1ft, 1.5ft, 2ft? And how far from the pitcher should it be? Does the pitcher aim for the tunnel or at the plate with the tunnel just being there for reference?

Jun 29, 2014
While 'pitch tunneling' is a thing I don't know about trying to train it, there's a lot of unanswered questions. How big should the tunnel/ring be, 1ft, 1.5ft, 2ft? And how far from the pitcher should it be? Does the pitcher aim for the tunnel or at the plate with the tunnel just being there for reference?
Yeah not sure if it's trainable either. Want to make a run at it though. Probably look to have a bigger hoop about 2 feet +. Thinking proximity rather than precision. So yeah more of a reference thing. Thinking 2/3 the distance from rubber to plate. Might start halfway back if break doesn't end up being late enough to make it through. Really just an idea at this point.

Jun 29, 2014
Interesting. That looks kind of fun and I'd use one if we had it. We occasionally use strings/straps. I'm sure you've seen that.

Horizontal for drop/rise and vertical for curve.
We've definitely used a lot of straps and stuff over the years. Looking for something new. Kiddo is a 2024 so always looking for new challenges.

Jun 8, 2016
LOL that's what we're trying to do. Just want to add some visualization to it. Set up a hoop or something to throw her rise and change through.
Gotcha. I’ve never seen baseball pitchers use training aids for this but that doesn’t mean it won’t help.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
Yeah not sure if it's trainable either. Want to make a run at it though. Probably look to have a bigger hoop about 2 feet +. Thinking proximity rather than precision. So yeah more of a reference thing. Thinking 2/3 the distance from rubber to plate. Might start halfway back if break doesn't end up being late enough to make it through. Really just an idea at this point.
If you have a pop up net then get the strike zone that mounts in it and use it without the net. It might be too small for what you want but it shouldn't cost much.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles