PGF nationals

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
and for the record I agree 12U PGF was better than Alliance 12U. The 12U team in DD’s org won Alliance and while they are good (and caught lightening in a bottle for that tournament) I don’t think they are a Top 5 team in the country. Marcela plays MS ball against a number of those kids including the MOP SS.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2019
and for the record I agree 12U PGF was better than Alliance 12U. The 12U team in DD’s org won Alliance and while they are good (and caught lightening in a bottle for that tournament) I don’t think they are a Top 5 team in the country. Marcela plays MS ball against a number of those kids including the MOP SS.
They are a good team, and they did play very well last week. What stood out to me was the skills gap between the top teams and the bottom tier was not as big as I normally see at these "national" events, which was a pleasant change of pace. Honestly, I felt like there was about a half dozen different teams there who could have won it.

Jun 8, 2016
What stood out to me was the skills gap between the top teams and the bottom tier was not as big as I normally see at these "national" events, which was a pleasant change of pace. Honestly, I felt like there was about a half dozen different teams there who could have won it.
Well you had to qualify to get there which one would think would shrink the talent/skill gap somewhat.

I saw this yesterday and I agree with it from what I saw

It will be interesting to see if Alliance moves 16's and 18's outside of CA next year ( I don't think they have announced location) if that stays the same. This year college coaches could go to both to recruit (DD's HC, who is an Assistant coach for a local college team, did just that).

Last edited:
May 13, 2023
Better for everybody would be no mandatory requirement to attend one or the other, with separate tournament dates, to be able to compile all the teams that want to attend.
In the same places where colleges can come recruit.
= 2 strong events.

Not split the crowd.

But hey the bright side, with the two separate National events more people get to boast being in the top five in each event. 😉😎

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Better for everybody would be no mandatory requirement to attend one or the other, with separate tournament dates, to be able to compile all the teams that want to attend.
In the same places where colleges can come recruit.

Not split the crowd.
Agreed..ain't gonna happen. It's not an accident that the dates coincide...

Jun 8, 2016
It's similar to the Sparkler and IDT. It's very convenient for those events to be in the same metro area on the same dates for all the coaches.
Well my comment was more nefarious in it's intent..Alliance has been moving the championships around so they are not putting them at the same time as PGF for recruiting purposes..

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Well my comment was more nefarious..Alliance has been moving the championships around so they are not putting them at the same time as PGF for recruiting purposes..
No, but it was convenient for them this year. The question is do coaches put pressure on the organizations to hold them at close locales next year to make their lives easier?

Jun 8, 2016
No, but it was convenient for them this year. The question is do coaches put pressure on the organizations to hold them at close locales next year to make their lives easier?
We'll see..Alliance should be announcing the locations for 2024 soon. I am guessing they cut off their nose despite their face and put 16's and 18's in IN again like they did last year (or have it in FL)

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
We'll see..Alliance should be announcing the locations for 2024 soon. I am guessing they cut off their nose despite their face and put 16's and 18's in IN again like they did last year (or have it in FL)
No way they'd do it in Florida in July/August. If there's one thing you can guarantee, it's rain every day in Florida in the summer. Indiana would make more sense.