PGF nationals

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
LOL!! No kidding!!! Didn’t she throw a perfect game in her HS state final - and a few no-hitters in their post-season, as well? Sounds like someone is a little bitter…

Oh wait - and she was only a HS sophomore too while she achieved this, right?!
Yup, and look at who follows her on Twitter. She's a 10th grader playing for Batbusters Stith 18U. Not only is a she a really good pitcher, she might be an even better hitter. Oh, and she won the Gatorade Player of the Year as a sophomore, beating out last year's winner who's going to USF.

Jan 1, 2023
LOL!! No kidding!!! Didn’t she throw a perfect game in her HS state final - and a few no-hitters in their post-season, as well? Sounds like someone is a little bitter…

Oh wait - and she was only a HS sophomore too while she achieved this, right?!
I don’t think the parent was bitter, their daughter is a 12U infielder, whose HS team beat them with her pitching. That was their argument why they thought PGF is better. You are blowing it way out of proportion.

May 18, 2019
My daughter (well, me, really) turned down an invite to go to California with a 14U team, as they were down a pitcher. We declined.

That team made it to the 14U Premier finals and played on TV.

Oh well.
Bolts or vipers? I was there though from the stands unfortunately after a great run that took us to Saturday.

Jun 8, 2016
I don’t think the parent was bitter, their daughter is a 12U infielder, whose HS team beat them with her pitching. That was their argument why they thought PGF is better. You are blowing it way out of proportion.
So basically the guy was claiming that his HS team was better than the Aces..I think you need to find new people to hang out with.

Oct 14, 2019
It's weird, isn't it?

I've watched girls pitch amazing against top teams but get beat by bad ones. Seems it's perhaps a mental let-down oftentimes. But could be working on something, could be bad pitch calling. We had one coach who kept calling for tons of change ups when none of the girls could catch up to her fastball. Drove me batty.
Sometimes, lesser hitters not swinging and a tight strike zone will force the pitcher to throw more meatballs.

May 18, 2019
Sometimes, lesser hitters not swinging and a tight strike zone will force the pitcher to throw more meatballs.
I've seen this so many times where an ump changes the game (or more positively the game is what the ump says it is). If an ump gives us a curve one ball off the plate and low in the zone you can guess that pitch will be one of the next 2 or 3 thrown. Even if the next call is corrected the batter may be down in the count and have to swing at something very hard to hit well given what she learned on the prior pitch. Similarly when the corners aren't getting called, it has to come into the zone on a hitters count.

Jun 8, 2016
One summer in high school i played in a golf tournament that Tiger was in. He didn’t have a very good first round, and was only a couple shots ahead of me. We’re pretty much the same…… 😂

(He won, i missed the cut)
How old was he,6? I kid 😉

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi