Pauly Girl Fastpitch Online University

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 22, 2011
I follow a few of the Pauly coaches on facebook, but been too busy with life to look at the website in a while.

Maybe @Ken Krause or @Ken B have an update. Not sure if @coachjames or @romrell are around much anymore.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Apr 17, 2019
I completed the Elite certification back in 2020 and a couple of the professional courses since then. Found the content to be spot on. Love Rick, he'll still do a webinar now and then for the certified coaches. He's always open to reach out to for questions. The network it's opened up for me to connect with other similar (i/r) minded coaches - to bounce ideas or requests for feedback has been great.
If I had one point of feedback on the course itself, kindof wish there were some more beginners highlighted to see the raw learning rather than the finished product.
If anyone is considering enrolling, it's been worth the money for me. I haven't picked up any personal business from the PaulyGirl site (have had a couple inquiries though). But I have several young pitchers in our organization now that I have felt confident to work with and they've developed sound i/r mechanics and are really showing a lot of growth potential. Bringing up the quality of our organization.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Not sure if any of the PC's who went through this process come around much anymore but it'd be great to hear a little update on how things are going with Pauly Girl and the current process. Anyone?
I was one of the first in the country to complete both the Intermediate and Elite level certification programs. I found them valuable then and continue to find them valuable today. I will go back now and then to review a course, or a specific element, if I need a different idea or another perspective.

But it's not like Rick put out the program and then moved on to other things. He continues to add to the existing courses and adds new ones. Some are pulled from the webinars he does on various topics, and others are totally new, such as an entire course on using the 4D Motion sensors. There is so much value there and he keeps adding it.

Beyond all of that, Rick is very approachable and more than willing to answer questions if you have them or offer ideas if you need them. It is a very active, user-friendly program that is focused on helping teach girls how to pitch safely, efficiently, and effectively. Unlike some others where you get your "certification" and then you're just left on your own to muddle your way through.

As far as getting business from the "Find A Coach" feature, I have had a couple of people contact me from it. (Almost all of my business is referral-based from current students, and business fortunately is very good.) I've also had referrals from coaches in other areas who looked up who is in my area and recommended me on that basis.

Finally, through that connection I've been able to become part of a network of like-minded coaches who share ideas and whom I can bounce things off of. In my experience, every active PC who has achieved the certification is knowledgeable and dedicated to ensuring their students are getting the best possible instruction - as opposed to the ones who are simply trying to make as much money as they can off of it.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
As Ken already said, Rick is a master instructor, collaborator and student. If he isn’t teaching a lesson, putting on a clinic or webinar, he’s busy researching to constantly improve every aspect of pitching.

Jan 22, 2011
I've started the beginner part, but life has gotten in the way of doing much more. Rick is very prompt at answering emails, even if it is to say he busy and he will get back to me in a couple days. Back when my DD was first year 12u he did a free 7 minute video analysis of why my DD was leaping.

Though, I think he'll always remember me for this incident:

I was behind a net, but standing too close to the net :).

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I've started the beginner part, but life has gotten in the way of doing much more. Rick is very prompt at answering emails, even if it is to say he busy and he will get back to me in a couple days. Back when my DD was first year 12u he did a free 7 minute video analysis of why my DD was leaping.

Though, I think he'll always remember me for this incident:

I was behind a net, but standing too close to the net :).

Hope you were okay!

Can remember an incident on the field where during a game there was a man standing behind the plate that was holding on to the fence with his fingers through it.
The umpire took a moment to tell the man watch your fingers.
Heard the man say 'I got it blue.'
The next pitch was a foul ball that went straight back.
As I hop turn to react to the ball
saw the mans fingertip explode
as the ball crushed it against the wire fence.
Yep the man was right, he got it!

Jan 22, 2011
Hope you were okay!

Can remember an incident on the field where during a game there was a man standing behind the plate that was holding on to the fence with his fingers through it.
The umpire took a moment to tell the man watch your fingers.
Heard the man say 'I got it blue.'
The next pitch was a foul ball that went straight back.
As I hop turn to react to the ball
saw the mans fingertip explode
as the ball crushed it against the wire fence.
Yep the man was right, he got it!
Had a nice bruise and thought I was going to have to get it checked out, but after 2 or 3 days I was fine.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
I noticed that Rick actually visited DFP (for the first time in awhile) this morning and was hoping he'd comment on this himself.

Thx for the update Ken. There is so much demand out there for quality pitching instruction and sadly it seems like many who have the ability to teach have moved on to other pursuits or decided to hitch their wagon to a "star" pupil. Ongoing tune ups, fundamental mechanical review, slight variations in previously learned pitches, game time scenarios and approaches, etc., are all important to those pitchers who stay with the game beyond 14/16U (is that the sweet spot for making money as a PC?) and they all would benefit from follow up. The lower & middle class pitchers need support too!

Jan 6, 2018
Not sure if any of the PC's who went through this process come around much anymore but it'd be great to hear a little update on how things are going with Pauly Girl and the current process. Anyone?

I'm always lurking here and also certified through Rick's program. I don't do it for $ other than to maybe break even someday for all the $ spent on my cage - LOL. My "star pupil" is my DD, but she's certainly not likely going to make me millions as an instructor. I just feel all the work we've put in over 8-9 years, and the lack of quality coaching out there, forced me on this path where I feel it's be a waste to not keep going after my DD is done with me! Hopefully not for a long while!

Jan 22, 2011
September of 2018 I had a long phone call with Rich Balswick where he said he was changing his focus to training new pitching coaches to work with players locally, instead of doing clinics. Unfortunately work started getting crazy in early November 2018 and my DD retired from pitching in December 2018, so I didn't have the time to get involved. I watched half of a PGF game in Irvine last summer with Rich and Javasource.

I can't remember details, but the way the former owner of DFP was running the site during 2019 was annoying people, plus some folks were being snarky with each other, so a lot of people stopped posting. I went into a lull for a while and almost left. Then 15 months of not many games being played in large parts of the country due to Covid.

A lot of folks I've enjoyed seeing posts from have DD's that were 2020-2023s (College and/or HS), so they are posting less.

Folks have started posting and sharing stuff in facebook groups or on tik-tok. Mom of a 10(?) and 12(?) year old coached a high school team in Utah this year and is giving a pitching clinic in late June in Utah. Her pitching Tik-Toks are great, which the youth players probably identify with better than us folks older than 50. I've exchanged emails and IM's with her.

I haven't gone through it, but I bought Amanda Scarborough's pitching package.

Folks are still out there and sharing, it's just they are using different social media to communicate with and the signal to noise ratio here drove some folks off.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma