Pauley vs Tincher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
What part of the arm and what part of the body specifically?

Usually, the upper arm comes into contact with the side. For an old man like me, the upper arm contacts the torso ("torso" is a polite way of saying belly).

Barnhill looks she brushes her forearm against her hip.

Attachments

• barnhill1.JPG
    barnhill1.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 32
Mar 28, 2014
Usually, the upper arm comes into contact with the side. For an old man like me, the upper arm contacts the torso ("torso" is a polite way of saying belly).

Barnhill looks she brushes her forearm against her hip.
you cannot tell what is hitting what with that angle. Cannot believe you are trying to use this angle as proof for your opinion.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Talk about being silly. Trying to avoid answering a very good question by painting an entire population of players as so superstitious they would never change clothing thickness. Come on man. Not at all hypothetical. Not all are that caught up in what they wear. Plus sometimes a pitcher will wear sleeves when it's cold. So what's the answer to his question Ray? Would it throw a pitcher off to wear thicker clothing?

Have you guys ever played sports? Because, if you have, you certainly have pulled off clothing and said, "I can't play with this on." What do you think is going on? It messes up your timing.

Go by a basketball court in Chicago in December. Do you think everyone is wearing T-shirts to work on their tan?

Every athlete decides on what gear s/he wears, and when they get used to it, getting him/her to change is like pulling teeth.

To answer the question: A t-shirt probably wouldn't affect a pitcher. Heavier clothing would.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
I know you don't like to answer questions but can you explain "fit the narrative?" Just trying to understand.

@4 girl's dad ........ I thought your post was meant to be helpful yet your rationale is trying to fit a narrative of some sort. Do you know what that means? Again, just trying to understand
I was just pointing out that the players in the pic have what I would consider a form of trigger for release.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I rarely comment about pitching because of very limited knowledge. Just didn't think glove arm looked right. Meant no harm. Sorry

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nate321