Parents: Shut up, and let the kids play.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 27, 2013
Parents who call pitches for their kid from the stand are pretty lame too.

What if the parent was asked to do so? My dd’s HS coach asked me to call her pitches since the catcher is an OF in TB. I did the first couple of games so the catcher could get an idea of what patterns typically work for dd then walked away. After 2 games the catcher and coach asked me to do it again. Believe me, I’d rather just be a parent in the stands after all my years coaching TB.

Nov 18, 2013
What if the parent was asked to do so? My dd’s HS coach asked me to call her pitches since the catcher is an OF in TB. I did the first couple of games so the catcher could get an idea of what patterns typically work for dd then walked away. After 2 games the catcher and coach asked me to do it again. Believe me, I’d rather just be a parent in the stands after all my years coaching TB.

Nothings wrong if the coach asks you to do it. I’m talking about the Dads who override the coach and give their own signals. Pretty sure if it’s at the coaches request it would make you a coach and you’d be required to do it from the dugout. Not certain on that one though.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
I talked to a bucket dad who had logged 10,000 of his 14u DD's pitches in 2 years. I bet he would call a good game.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi