Palm up Palm Down Through Extension

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
You know RDBass .... I see that he mentioned "kinetic energy" in the segment you posted.

Maybe he can get together with the "pause guy" and write something on the Kinetic Principle .... talk about the conservation of momentum, how energy flows from link-to-link .... and then talk about a "pause", holding a static position for a half-second, and then re-firing the engines ..... and then somehow explain how momentum was being conserved at the time of the "pause" when MxV went to zero.

Quite a day so far .... someone advocates a "pause" in the swing .... someone else recommends the "top-hand be palm-DOWN" from contact onwards as long as possible .... .... .... .... stay tuned!

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
What do you think, palm up/down near/at contact not through?
Hitting Disk- Pizza Toss Drill

Eat the pizza and toss a bat:
Frazier_nohands_side.gif

NEF

May 16, 2012
New England
Looks like several ‘bat drag’ and ‘out front’ swings.

Ask yourself why there are no examples of the drill being performed low in the zone.

Looking at some of the video's in the hitting thread, using the hanson principle numerous ones are close to palm up/down at contact, maybe not absolute (with a low pitch)

Did I waste my money on the disc's (wouldn't be the first time) gimmick or not

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
petricca, do you ever look at video of hitters? FFS, he is serious and wants palm down.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan