Overwhelming few months

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2013
I've been gone for a few months because life has been nuts. I've gone through a layoff, job search, accepted a position 800 miles away in Central Florida, moved down here a month before my whole family and finally got the wife and kids here last week. I have technically been working for almost a month now but sometimes government paperwork takes a while to clear so I am officially getting into the new gig tomorrow hopefully.

My DD is going to go to a practice with a 12U team down here Tuesday but if anyone knows of good hitting/fielding coaches and good travel organizations in the Melbourne, FL/Space Coast area I would really appreciate some help finding some good facilities. Any good Florida specific websites would be helpful too.

JJS

Jan 9, 2015
I've been gone for a few months because life has been nuts. I've gone through a layoff, job search, accepted a position 800 miles away in Central Florida, moved down here a month before my whole family and finally got the wife and kids here last week. I have technically been working for almost a month now but sometimes government paperwork takes a while to clear so I am officially getting into the new gig tomorrow hopefully.

My DD is going to go to a practice with a 12U team down here Tuesday but if anyone knows of good hitting/fielding coaches and good travel organizations in the Melbourne, FL/Space Coast area I would really appreciate some help finding some good facilities. Any good Florida specific websites would be helpful too.

Could be worse...new job could be in Alaska

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
My DD is going to go to a practice with a 12U team down here Tuesday ....

We moved to another state when DD was 12, and softball really eased the transition for her. She did NOT want to move. Until that point, she didn't really love softball, just liked it. She always played for teams that I coached, so never experienced the process of trying out. The fact that some coaches and teams in her new state wanted her really made her feel good at a time when was a stranger in a new place with no friends yet.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
EASY DOES IT IP!! (lol)

I like New England in the summer. One of my favorite tournament is NE's Finest but during spring when Softball is supposed to start they are usually still snowed in or their fields are mud pits from the melted snow.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Good luck and as the previous poster noted, it's not Alaska and I'll add, New England.

NE is an acquired taste for most people. I worked in NE for a few years. I hated it at first, but after about three years, I finally understood the mindset. I enjoyed it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207