Overlap of level of play in NCAA divisions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
No but my 4 YO tripped and fell on his face at Amherst so I think he crossed that off his list..
To be honest my kids have grown up on a college campus so walking around one may not be as big of a deal as it is for many kids..🤷🏽‍♂️

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
To be honest my kids have grown up on a college campus so walking around one may not be as big of a deal as it is for many kids..🤷🏽‍♂️
Lol....ho hum...its a college campus

Makes sense tho!

Oct 26, 2019
There it is again...it happens!
Can remember some D1 players on our roster who maybe got one inning twice a season 🤷‍♀️
Can't imagine being on a team but never playing. Especially these teams with nearly 30 players on it what the heck??!
Me either! My freshman year I pitched one scoreless inning in the first game of the year and then didn’t throw again in game for the next 45 days. Coach held end of the year meetings with the players to let us know where we stood, and it didn’t look like playing time was going to go out much for me so I left. I am grateful for coach, being honest with me, because transferring was the best decision I ever made. I ended up playing both ways at the next school, that actually had my major, and was more affordable. Triple win.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Me either! My freshman year I pitched one scoreless inning in the first game of the year and then didn’t throw again in game for the next 45 days. Coach held end of the year meetings with the players to let us know where we stood, and it didn’t look like playing time was going to go out much for me so I left. I am grateful for coach, being honest with me, because transferring was the best decision I ever made. I ended up playing both ways at the next school, that actually had my major, and was more affordable. Triple win.
May I ask after that first game, was there any conversation with the coach about what you needed to do to play again within that 45-day span? Basically did the coach communicate anything to players about playing time during or before season?

Oct 26, 2019
May I ask after that first game, was there any conversation with the coach about what you needed to do to play again within that 45-day span? Basically did the coach communicate anything to players about playing time during or before season?
I don’t remember any discussion, but it was over 20 years ago so I can’t say for sure there wasn’t. After the first game though, I remember thinking “man I’m gonna pitch more then I thought this year.” That was only part of my reason for transferring though. I wanted to be a two way player, never liked pitching every few games and sitting the rest.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
I don’t remember any discussion, but it was over 20 years ago so I can’t say for sure there wasn’t. After the first game though, I remember thinking “man I’m gonna pitch more then I thought this year.” That was only part of my reason for transferring though. I wanted to be a two way player, never liked pitching every few games and sitting the rest.
Like that you shared your decision worked out well for you!

Oct 26, 2019
True, but only service should be expected, not results. A lot of people get this wrong..
Right. I meant it more like this. In HS you are getting a free and public education. If you don’t like it your options are to move to another school zone, go to a private school, or deal with it. In college you aren’t stuck at a school so you my as well go where you are happy.

But you are correct, When I transferred I was not guaranteed to play, but I felt like my chance to play was likely if I played to my potential.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi