Outfielder Glove Upgrade

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Does she catch the balls that are hit her way?
Occasionally... :LOL: I am not saying her issues are entirely due to the glove (she doesn't go back on the ball properly and isn't overly fast for a CF..but she is the AC's kid...) but it is too big for her. The girl in the OP is 15 so this may not be as big of an issue as it is for the 4'7" CF I am talking about.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
. You have to get to the ball first to control it!!!
Didn’t say this glove was low end/entry level. Not a Mizuno fan based on my experiences. Many nice high quality gloves out there to choose from. Mizuno May have superb high end gloves but I’ll never find this out first hand.
No sir, if a young girl can't control a too big, unwieldy glove, getting to the ball will be the least of her worries! And maybe you should give a Mizuno Pro-Select a try......just may change your stubborn mind! Honestly, that Pro-Select compared to your Rawlings LA gloves you love so much.........well it's not even a fair comparison!

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Control as in it doesn't look like you are trying to move an anvil attached to your hand when you are reaching for a ball. The CF on my DD's team has a glove that is WAY too big for her..the visual of that glove on her hand, and the way she moves with it, reminds me of this:

View attachment 15068
For sure! It's always entertaining to watch the floppy elephant ears being held straight out as the kid's running towards the ball (usually too late and showing us the numbers on the back of the jersey).

Apr 28, 2019
Occasionally... :LOL: I am not saying her issues are entirely due to the glove (she doesn't go back on the ball properly and isn't overly fast for a CF..but she is the AC's kid...) but it is too big for her. The girl in the OP is 15 so this may not be as big of an issue as it is for the 4'7" CF I am talking about.
As long as she’s not running with her glove up she should be ok. At 10U not sure if they focus on that yet. With all the cheap lightweight materials glove manufactures are using these days it’s more like running with a sack of feathers. What size glove do you figure 12.75/13?

Apr 28, 2019
C
As long as she’s not running with her glove up she should be ok. At 10U not sure if they focus on that yet. With all the cheap lightweight materials glove manufactures are using these days it’s more like running with a sack of feathers. What size glove do you figure 12.75/13?
C’mon she’s a coaches kid she must be doing everything perfectly.

Jun 8, 2016
As long as she’s not running with her glove up she should be ok. At 10U not sure if they focus on that yet.
It is 12U but I get on my DD for doing that all the time and the coaches do as well...doesn't mean it sinks in though.
What size glove do you figure 12.75/13?

30? :LOL:

It is a nice looking, high end glove (not sure of the brand) so it is not going to be light.

Apr 28, 2019
It is 12U but I get on my DD for doing that all the time and the coaches do as well...doesn't mean it sinks in though.

30? :LOL:

It is a nice looking, high end glove (not sure of the brand) so it is not going to be light.
You have that issue as well with repeating yourself constantly huh? I believe they hear just not sure they care.
I was referring to Super Skin, Hyper shell, Skns, mesh backing, leatherette and such that used to be found on low end entry level youth gloves. They are now using such materials on mid level/higher grade gloves.
Personally I like a big glove with lots of padding made with traditional materials. Not spending top dollar on mesh and fake leather no matter how light or durable the gloves claim to be.
All about personal preference. I look at gloves in the same perspective as bats. Find the biggest, heaviest, best one you can handle well and run with it.

Jun 8, 2016
All about personal preference. I look at gloves in the same perspective as bats. Find the biggest, heaviest, best one you can handle well and run with it.
Take a look at the picture I just posted:

Kid I am talking about is bottom row middle (#33)..you tell me if you think she can handle a 13" glove made from quality leather... ;)

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Take a look at the picture I just posted:

Kid I am talking about is bottom row middle (#33)..you tell me if you think she can handle a 13" glove made from quality leather... ;)
That's a funny looking pink glove that girl beside Marcela is wearing?? Does every girl on her team have their own personal coach standing behind them?

Apr 28, 2019
No sir, if a young girl can't control a too big, unwieldy glove, getting to the ball will be the least of her worries! And maybe you should give a Mizuno Pro-Select a try......just may change your stubborn mind! Honestly, that Pro-Select compared to your Rawlings LA gloves you love so much.........well it's not even a fair comparison!
The Rawlings LA is broken in to sheer perfection and she loves it and does very well with it so why would I switch to a Mizuno? I’m open to any brand other than Mizuno. I’m actually thinking of giving away her back-up glove so I can grab the 12.75 HOH in gray and white.
If a girl is wearing a glove that is obviously way too big that’s a parent issue most likely.
I will say though I keep getting special offers from Akadema on what appears to be some real nice gloves. Even some one offs in Torino leather.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13