Outfielder Glove Upgrade

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 5, 2018
Both of these should arrive in the next couple of days. DD didn't like the cream colors on any of the all stars. Liked some mizunos at DSG, but they didn't have these. I think they were the softer Classics in smaller sizes. I am concerned the 12.75 could be too big for her hand, which is why I went ahead and got the 12.5 to try side by side. Hopefully, I don't have to send both back.
MizProSelBB.jpgMizProSelSB.jpg

Apr 28, 2019
Both of these should arrive in the next couple of days. DD didn't like the cream colors on any of the all stars. Liked some mizunos at DSG, but they didn't have these. I think they were the softer Classics in smaller sizes. I am concerned the 12.75 could be too big for her hand, which is why I went ahead and got the 12.5 to try side by side. Hopefully, I don't have to send both back.
View attachment 15063View attachment 15064
12.75 is the way too go.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
The more reach the better. An H web or trap is a great choice for outfield glove.
Not sure about Mizuno though. Had some quality issues with lower end gloves.
Control over reach everyday of the week, and I agree with you on those web choices. Although I’d personally opt for a true Six-finger trap over a modified trap web!

There’s NOTHING low end about a Pro-Select!

Apr 28, 2019
Control over reach everyday of the week, and I agree with you on those web choices. Although I’d personally opt for a true Six-finger trap over a modified trap web!

There’s NOTHING low end about a Pro-Select!
. You have to get to the ball first to control it!!!
Didn’t say this glove was low end/entry level. Not a Mizuno fan based on my experiences. Many nice high quality gloves out there to choose from. Mizuno May have superb high end gloves but I’ll never find this out first hand.

Jun 8, 2016
. You have to get to the ball first to control it!!!
Didn’t say this glove was low end/entry level. Not a Mizuno fan based on my experiences. Many nice high quality gloves out there to choose from. Mizuno May have superb high end gloves but I’ll never find this out first hand.
Control as in it doesn't look like you are trying to move an anvil attached to your hand when you are reaching for a ball. The CF on my DD's team has a glove that is WAY too big for her..the visual of that glove on her hand, and the way she moves with it, reminds me of this:

85fa2f96e480a0492acf882d3bdf6a91.jpg

Apr 28, 2019
Control as in it doesn't look like you are trying to move an anvil attached to your hand when you are reaching for a ball. The CF on my DD's team has a glove that is WAY too big for her..the visual of that glove on her hand, and the way she moves with it, reminds me of this:

View attachment 15068
Does she catch the balls that are hit her way?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802