Outfielder Glove Upgrade

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 30, 2018
I find these all stars interesting.

I think this is the same vela sold directly and its $110 shipped for the RHT, little cheaper:

Notice they also have this one:

I assume both are a step down from the system 7. And not sure of the return policy. I'd really like to try these somewhere first with this 3 finger design (advantage of justgloves i guess).

Got my DD a 12" Vela for her birthday. Took advantage of the price that Justgloves had it for and by the time her Bday rolls around I'll still have 10 days to return if she hates. That said it is a very well made glove, will take a some work to break in, but that's a good thing .

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I find these all stars interesting.

I think this is the same vela sold directly and its $110 shipped for the RHT, little cheaper:

Notice they also have this one:

I assume both are a step down from the system 7. And not sure of the return policy. I'd really like to try these somewhere first with this 3 finger design (advantage of justgloves i guess).

The last years model for $99 directly from All-Star is a no-brainer!! And yeah, these fastpitch gloves are a step down from the System Seven baseball series with it's Maruhashi leather!

Last night I met a dad and his DD at our HS field to help them break in her new All-Star trap glove, we worked with her on starting to wear a glove TIP for the first time. I got her hand situated inside the glove, figured out where exactly she wanted to close the glove, and I beat on all the break points for maybe 5 minutes. The look on her face was pretty funny when I handed it back to her, like I just handed her a different glove!

I have the keys to the lights at the field, I ended up hitting her 4 buckets of balls in CF, she's going to love this glove! When she first handed me her glove it still had the tags on it, my first thought was, wow this thing is pretty narrow, definitely a baseball glove!

After I worked on it a little, it really opened up, the cool thing (at least for her) is just how small the hand and finger stalls were for a men's baseball glove, very tight, as in VERY tight!! The model is a FGS7-OF, it's a 12.5" trap glove, and a really nice glove!

BTW, this girl is in MS and she's probably 5'3"/5'4" with what I'd say is a average build and average hands.

Dec 11, 2010
I'm not sure this is "new thread worthy" but I went to poke around the All Star gloves AD posted and saw All-Star makes not only 9.5" training gloves but also a 2# weighted infielders training glove.

Never heard of such a thing as a weighted glove!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I'm not sure this is "new thread worthy" but I went to poke around the All Star gloves AD posted and saw All-Star makes not only 9.5" training gloves but also a 2# weighted infielders training glove.

Never heard of such a thing as a weighted glove!
The Anvil, great name, it's actually a good looking glove! An additional 2 lbs of added weight! :oops:

And Ww, all glove related "stuff" is new thread worthy!!

Oct 5, 2018
Do you think that $140 AF Elite is this years Vela? Likely same quality. I noticed the Vela has a velcro closure while the AF elite has pull strap to tighten (similar to DDs Rawlings) so that made me unsure as thats a relatively big change year to year on the same line.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Do you think that $140 AF Elite is this years Vela? Likely same quality. I noticed the Vela has a velcro closure while the AF elite has pull strap to tighten (similar to DDs Rawlings) so that made me unsure as thats a relatively big change year to year on the same line.
Yes, well I actually think it's a 2019 model? JBG has them listed as 2019 models, but I'd bet with the change, the 2020's will be the same. I noticed on JBG that the new cream and saddle models are Maruhashi leather, in the past models, ONLY the CMW3000 catchers mitt used that leather, all the other Vela's just used steerhide!

Oct 1, 2014
USA
The last years model for $99 directly from All-Star is a no-brainer!! And yeah, these fastpitch gloves are a step down from the System Seven baseball series with it's Maruhashi leather!

Last night I met a dad and his DD at our HS field to help them break in her new All-Star trap glove, we worked with her on starting to wear a glove TIP for the first time. I got her hand situated inside the glove, figured out where exactly she wanted to close the glove, and I beat on all the break points for maybe 5 minutes. The look on her face was pretty funny when I handed it back to her, like I just handed her a different glove!

I have the keys to the lights at the field, I ended up hitting her 4 buckets of balls in CF, she's going to love this glove! When she first handed me her glove it still had the tags on it, my first thought was, wow this thing is pretty narrow, definitely a baseball glove!

After I worked on it a little, it really opened up, the cool thing (at least for her) is just how small the hand and finger stalls were for a men's baseball glove, very tight, as in VERY tight!! The model is a FGS7-OF, it's a 12.5" trap glove, and a really nice glove!

BTW, this girl is in MS and she's probably 5'3"/5'4" with what I'd say is a average build and average hands.
Just got the All Star System Seven FGS7-PT to try as my DD's pitching glove. Pretty impressed so far, it's taking the beatings well and opening up nicely. DD is a Senior in HS and about 5'5" with probably avg size hands so I too was concerned about the hand/finger stalls with a baseball glove but it's fitting perfect. The Jap leather is very nice. At $120 thru JustGloves with no risk it was a no brainer to test out.

Apr 6, 2017
Cool old Rawlings. Vela is a good glove. Put something on the palm area though. Dd has some cracks. Wax might help.

Oct 5, 2018
Yes, well I actually think it's a 2019 model? JBG has them listed as 2019 models, but I'd bet with the change, the 2020's will be the same. I noticed on JBG that the new cream and saddle models are Maruhashi leather, in the past models, ONLY the CMW3000 catchers mitt used that leather, all the other Vela's just used steerhide!
Ok I see that under features for 2019 version:
Colorway: Saddle / Cream
Maruhashi High Grade Leather

Then in description:
mitts feature premium oil softened Japanese tanned US steer hide with US rawhide lacing

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Ok I see that under features for 2019 version:
Colorway: Saddle / Cream
Maruhashi High Grade Leather

Then in description:
mitts feature premium oil softened Japanese tanned US steer hide with US rawhide lacing
I was just telling Tatonka I could probably deal with the cream colored binding........but those blonde laces, I'd be cutting those out of that glove before the shipping box hit the floor! Blonde and camel colored laces suck!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12