Opinions on bat comparison...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
The RXT X20 Fastpitch bat from Louisville Slugger takes its place in the No. 1 lineup in softball as a bat that can work for players at all pitch speeds with a never-before-seen level of responsiveness.

The COPA Performance End Cap works with the HVR-1 Barrel Technology to maximize the RXT's sweet spot, while the Springload Connection System blends stiffness and feel together. The result? The A forgiving feel on inside and outside mishits, and max performance on balls hit on the sweet spot. The ultimate in responsiveness puts the R in RXT.

This bat is only available for 2020 in a -10.

Less Talk. More Response.

WHERE DO I SEND MY MONEY, LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Who writes this crap? Next, I’ll need to look at Batdigest.com but I don’t want to pass out from laughing so hard.

May 29, 2019
What’s the deal with the RXT?
I wonder that myself. I’d think about one for Dd but they say it’s geared for a power hitter
and I don’t put Dd in that club. I’d be interested in how the RXT performs for a contact hitter.
DD's HS teammate ended the season swing an RXT this year. She hits the ball hard, committed to a P5 college, and has traditionally used the LXT. She claimed she "shattered" six bats this year between the new model LXTs and a short stint with Mizunos (her college is a Mizuno team so she wanted to get familiar with the equipment). After talking to the dad, I think the broken bats were probably paint chips. :unsure: The one RXT did make it through the rest of the HS season without breaking. According to my highly calibrated softball viewing eyeballs, she hit the ball as hard or harder with the RXT as she did with any other bat. It would have been interesting to see her swing a Ghost, but to my knowledge, she never had any time with one.

DD took some cuts with it at practice. She said it "felt ok", and certainly seemed to have pop to it. She preferred her Ghost though, but I'm sure that is mostly due to the familiarity with it. DD is a slapper/gap hitter, but does have power to go yard when the planets align.

Mar 28, 2014
All of these un-scientific opinions on bats could be quelled once and for all by real science if one of the manufacturers would build an "Iron Byron" like Golf uses to test equipment. But for some reason, none of them has done it. Maybe it's because they wouldn't like the results? Surely Rawlings would want everyone to see the results of an Iron Byron test if the Ghost was head and shoulders above the rest like some think? Or Wilson if the Meta was the Ghost killer?

I don't know the reason why some manufacturer hasn't done it but I have to guess that reason is they are all about the same performance wise and the only thing separating them is branding and marketing. They don't want us to know that.

Feb 1, 2021
All of these un-scientific opinions on bats could be quelled once and for all by real science if one of the manufacturers would build an "Iron Byron" like Golf uses to test equipment. But for some reason, none of them has done it. Maybe it's because they wouldn't like the results? Surely Rawlings would want everyone to see the results of an Iron Byron test if the Ghost was head and shoulders above the rest like some think? Or Wilson if the Meta was the Ghost killer?

I don't know the reason why some manufacturer hasn't done it but I have to guess that reason is they are all about the same performance wise and the only thing separating them is branding and marketing. They don't want us to know that.

Mic drop.

May 29, 2019
No...say it isnt so...no way :)
You know how the conversation goes:
"DD is the strongest power-hitter on the team"
-"How many HRs does she have?"
"Three"
-"Just three???"
"Well, she 'shattered' six bats!'
-"Oh, in that case, she's legit!"
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I will say that the Mizuno Titanium that the knob just fell off of was a legit quality control issue. DD tells her friend "Just freakin' glue it back on and let's go!" :LOL:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Dont think you are ever going to see anything like that...because every year or 2 years...a manufacturer has to sell
new model bats. So each release has to be "better" than last year or 2 years ago (per their advertising). Cant have something say your 2020 bat was better than your 2021 new one. Then your new one doesnt sell as well.
I dont even think it has anything to do with seeing if a Ghost/LXT or whatever is or isnt better than anything out there. Think
the manufacturers have no interest in it hurting their own models for each year.

then who does testing?...because we all know whoever does it will be bought out by a manufacturer or some sort of "donation"
for expenses will be made by a manufacturer to skew the numbers...hahaha.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
You know how the conversation goes:
"DD is the strongest power-hitter on the team"
-"How many HRs does she have?"
"Three"
-"Just three???"
"Well, she 'shattered' six bats!'
-"Oh, in that case, she's legit!"
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I will say that the Mizuno Titanium that the knob just fell off of was a legit quality control issue. DD tells her friend "Just freakin' glue it back on and let's go!" :LOL:

I didnt even know they sold enough Ti's to have a quality control issue with that bat :).They could have used one person to
handmake those bats and not fallen behind orders...haha

But to be honest, many bats had knob issues. In slowpitch, Worth had knob issues with a lot of their Mutants for a couple
years. The adhesive they used wasnt the best. All people did was glue it back on with better adhesive. it was like, oh,
my knob fell off...let me glue it back on better :ROFLMAO:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01