One Lesson

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
As an instructor I would tend to agree with Howellhandmade on the questionable value of one lesson. You're not really going to make much of a change or improvement in a single lesson, and could end up making things worse or more confusing.

So I would ask you is there something your DD is interested in that she hasn't tried before? I'm thinking speed quickness agility (SQA) might be such a thing. Use it to expose her to something new and see if it sparks an interest. Or if you're looking for an instructor, use it to sample the instructor's style without really worrying about outcomes.

Apr 1, 2010
We purchased a groupon with a sports facility for 1 individual lesson, sorry for not posting my question correctly.

Is a lesson on fielding and throwing an option? DD is doing a multi-week clinic right now where it's her working on softball and a bunch of younger boys working on baseball (and many of the boys are more advanced than she is). They're working mostly on fielding and throwing--various fielding techniques and when to use them, the right arm and body position to make the throws, etc. IMO her playing started looking sharper even after the first lesson. I don't think anyone had ever actually gone through and taught her these things step by step.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
didn't you recently post something about your DD learning how to slap from the left side? You could try that, give her an idea of what its all about.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I did. :) I need to spend time with her first getting her to hit from the left side . If it goes OK, then slap hitting would be next. Best case that is 6 months off. :)

I will see if the have SQA, that seems like a good idea. If I understand what it is it will help her with any sport she plays.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom