Obstruction NFHS

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2015
The direction the runner is moving has NO bearing on where you place the runner after obstruction has been called. You will not find any verbiage in the rule book to support which direction the runner is moving. As an umpire I determined where the runner, who was obstructed, would have reached had she not been obstructed. If I believe she would not have reached home absent the obstruction, I place her on 3B. That would move the other runners back to 2B and 1B. If I felt she would have scored absent the obstruction, I score her and leave runners at 3B and 2B.
Thank God someone understands this. A couple of years ago my dd was on 2nd base. Batter hit a gap shot and the SS absolutely plowed my daughter as she was running to third. She literally crawled to 3rd. The way the ball was hit she would have been crossing home before the ball got back to the infield. The batter had a stand up double. Because of the collision the ball was in the infield by the time she crawled on top of third and stood up. Umpire initially scored her home and then let himself be talked out of it because she didn't ever attempt to go home.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad