Recruiting Postcards--Now is the time

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
For those on the recruiting journey, pay attention! What are you doing that separates your DD from the rest of the players? How are you getting the attention of the college coaches? Something that was recommended years ago from DFP Poster was the use of postcards. Vistaprint makes this so easy and pretty economical.

Here's what I recommend for your quickly approaching upcoming summer season. One the front side include 5 or 6 pictures of your DD with action shots, head shot, using a mix of HS and TB pics. Use your TB organizations logo in one of the corners, and below that put your DD name, Grad year and position. On the back. Top left. Team Name, DD name Grad yr, home address. Top right TB logo. Right below that put something like this>
2021 Summer Schedule--SAVE THE DATE!!!
List the dates, title of tourney, and location.
Leave some room to hand write a little note. White space.

Bottom left corner: DD email, phone, and Height and Weight.
Bottom right corner: Coach name, email, phone

Coaches can easily overlook an email, delete the email, ignore or not open. In conjunction with emails add a little spicy flavor by using the postcards. Coaches cannot delete a post card!!! That post card might just end up in their back packs. Post cards are sticky, and the coach is less likely to toss it. You should do one for the summer and one for the fall.

Use the postcards to send a quick note of appreciation. Hey coach, thanks for watching me today at camp, game, skills clinic, etc. Hope to see you next weekend. It's gonna be a great summer! Which events are you going to attend? Call me, Maybe?

Make sure to proof read, because there is no turning back once you hit confirm order.

Do it now and have fun with it!!! What do you have to lose??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812