Recruiting Postcards--Now is the time

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2018
I went on to Shutterfly to make them and realized I didn't like my DD's photos and contact information on postcard any pervert could pluck out of the mail.... got envelopes. Love this idea. She's only a 2024 but this is a cute way to introduce herself and let them know video is coming to their inbox soon. She's going to her first college camp this summer, these postcards will be sent to those coaches shortly before. Thanks for this awesome idea!

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I went on to Shutterfly to make them and realized I didn't like my DD's photos and contact information on postcard any pervert could pluck out of the mail.... got envelopes. Love this idea. She's only a 2024 but this is a cute way to introduce herself and let them know video is coming to their inbox soon. She's going to her first college camp this summer, these postcards will be sent to those coaches shortly before. Thanks for this awesome idea!
Yes, on the envelopes. I guess I didn't mention that. Otherwise, you will run out of room when you add the Address lines. Hand write the Coaches' address and return address. lick the envelope and throw that stamp on there. It shows that some thought and effort was put into focusing on their particular school instead of copy paste emails.

Apr 26, 2019
My DD is only 12 and in 7th grade. She recently told me, out of the blue without me asking, she wants to play college softball.

Her pitching coach played D1 ball and helped girls with the recruiting process for the TB organization she coached for as well as the H.S. team she coaches. She had DD put together a list of schools (6) she is interested in attending and playing softball.

Of course, there is Oklahoma, Alabama, and FSU, she's 12. That said, she is also interested in IU, Ball State and James Madison and possibly Nebraska.

Long story short, is it too early as a middle school player to start emailing and sending post cards to the schools she is interested in attending? She plays A level ball for a well known organization, starts every game and contributes at the plate and in the field. Her coaches say she is one of the best baserunners they've ever seen. They have given her carte blanche once she is on base.

May 16, 2016
Long story short, is it too early as a middle school player to start emailing and sending post cards to the schools she is interested in attending? She plays A level ball for a well known organization, starts every game and contributes at the plate and in the field. Her coaches say she is one of the best baserunners they've ever seen. They have given her carte blanche once she is on base.
No, it's not too early.

Start a Twitter Account dedicated for softball. Start tweeting softball highlights and tagging coaches/schools.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coach101