New model bats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
wheresmycar - I have never paid close to full retail for a brand-new, current-model-year bat, and every one of them has had the full factory warranty (I'll tell you my secret in a moment). Also, your buying decision for your 8U DD doesn't have the same concerns as I have for my DD playing 12U TB. Paying a little more (still way less than full pop) for a bat with a legit warranty is an important consideration for me. 12U girls hit the ball damned hard, and TB players hit the ball a hell of a lot. Bats break. Even with normal use. If they break within the first 12 months - new bat! It's really an easy call. In fact, I'm expecting a warranty-replacement bat to hit my doorstep any day now.

Okay...now the secret (which isn't really a secret at all)...CoreSoftball20 is a bat dealer. A legit one. He knows EXACTLY what he's talking about with regards to the business and warranty side of bats and bat manufacturers. Core also has the best legit, full warranty, authorized-dealer prices around. He's also a really nice guy.

EDIT: By the way, if we're talking about top-level bats (CF-series, Xeno, LXT, Mako), $60 less than the manufacturer's retail price is not a great deal - especially if it doesn't have a warranty. Sorry.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
He's also a really nice guy.

Shhhh...trying to hide that. Luckily some wont believe you anyway :)

But that was the point I was trying to get out without coming right out. That 220 isn't a good price
for a non warranty bat or a bat from non-auth dealer (which means the bat is not returnable) this time of year.
All I meant was just search for legit dealers, you can still get great deals no where near retail and ALSO have peace of mind.

If looking hard, they can be had from legit dealers for right around there this time of year, if not maybe a couple dollars more, but
not much. Weeks ago, I had them for 245. That was weeks ago. Not 280.

And nowadays, bats can break...very easily. Some have slight defects off the line and could break without even
doing anything out of the norm. And if not from a legit dealer, Demarini isn't going to help with anything.
Doesn't matter if there was a defect.

Oct 10, 2011
Core...can you get discounts on custom CF9 bats or is that only through the website?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

May 16, 2016
Shhhh...trying to hide that. Luckily some wont believe you anyway :)

But that was the point I was trying to get out without coming right out. That 220 isn't a good price
for a non warranty bat or a bat from non-auth dealer (which means the bat is not returnable) this time of year.
All I meant was just search for legit dealers, you can still get great deals no where near retail and ALSO have peace of mind.

If looking hard, they can be had from legit dealers for right around there this time of year, if not maybe a couple dollars more, but
not much. Weeks ago, I had them for 245. That was weeks ago. Not 280.

And nowadays, bats can break...very easily. Some have slight defects off the line and could break without even
doing anything out of the norm. And if not from a legit dealer, Demarini isn't going to help with anything.
Doesn't matter if there was a defect.

I'm sure you are a very nice guy!

I appreciate all the concern about my piece of mind. I can assure you I'm sleeping fine under the looming threat my daughter will destroy her $220 bat. :)

I will definitely check your site out next time we are in the market. But I think we are probably set for a while.

Peace!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I'm sure you are a very nice guy!

I appreciate all the concern about my piece of mind. I can assure you I'm sleeping fine under the looming threat my daughter will destroy her $220 bat. :)

I will definitely check your site out next time we are in the market. But I think we are probably set for a while.

Peace!

If you're happy with your purchase, that's great. You're absolutely correct that the likelihood of an 8yo destroying a CF8 under normal conditions is pretty slim, so I can understand that you don't feel that warranty coverage is a concern at this point. When it comes time for the next size bat - which happens at an alarming rate, based on my own experiences - you have a little more info to consider when making your buying decision.

Something we have seen on this forum on occasion is people who bought bats from non-authorized sellers begging for a phony receipt so they can get a warranty replacement. Not cool.

Also, when it is time to get a new bat for your DD, I encourage you to send Core a PM. His best prices are not posted on the website.

Just in case you're curious...I have no connection with Core other than being a very happy customer 5 or 6 times over.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Believe me, my concern isn't about your bat busting. You can do whatever you want.

My concern is for the few people that might actually read this and take your advice because they are new to buying bats, then they get
screwed for doing so.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
BTW, a brand new no return bat should only cost 125-175 at most depending what bat...for those people that want to buy
no return bats and take the chance in trade of cost :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs