New model bats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2012
Well, the inside of the barrel is changed...its not the same guts as it was last year.

more of a one piece inner disc (for better terms) than the barbell type looking thing
that the Xeno has.

( I know, if you need me to stop of the technical talk, just let me know :) )
NO NO PLEASE CONTINUE THE TECH TALK.

But isn't that what gave the bat it's stability?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
No, not like they are just taking the inside out and leaving nothing. The discs (or whatever manufacturer calls
their inside system) are really there to make the bat stay within allowed standards. If they weren't there...the bat
wall would flex more and really get smoking hot and keep going. Remember the older bats? They didn't have
any inside systems to speak of...started off sluggish, then kept getting better with the more swings put on them.
never stopped getting better. Bats would be pure fire.

They just are using something different now for the LXT.

May 16, 2016
No cf8s left

Demarini CF8's still available on Amazon. I picked up a CF8 -11 for my 8u last week for $220!!!!!

Still some CF8s available in $250 range, which is still a great value.

Personally, I'd go with a cheaper CF8 now, which is known to be pretty hot, vs waiting for CF9, which could be same, better or maybe worse...

FWIW

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
Something to keep in mind when buying a new bat....ALWAYS buy from an authorized dealer who can provide a valid/legit receipt with your purchase. If the price is too good to be true, it probably is. If they are hesitant on the receipt, skip it.

Feb 16, 2015
South East
Any word on the new LXT ?
Saw a video of one swinging didn't seem to have the loud "ping" other models had.

DD played in a tournament last weekend against a team sponsored by LS and they had two on hand to demo. They let some of the parents swing it between games. I didn't get a chance to try it but the sound is deeper and everyone who tried it seemed to really like it.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Something to keep in mind when buying a new bat....ALWAYS buy from an authorized dealer who can provide a valid/legit receipt with your purchase. If the price is too good to be true, it probably is. If they are hesitant on the receipt, skip it.

Bingo...a ton of third party guys on ebay and so on. They say authorized receipt (they will claim its an authorized receipt
from them...haha) , but its not an authorized manufacturer receipt. Also, a big scam is people trying to get returnable
bat money for NR prices. They never tell you the bat is a no return until you get it. then...ooops.

May 16, 2016

If you are paying full retail, then sure, that is sound advice.

But, for example, I picked up a CF8 -11 last week for $220 for my 8u DD on Amazon. I think Demarini had discounted the CF8s to around $280 at the time, but they were "sold out". Most other CF8s on Amazon were $250, it was only the 30" -11 that was $220. Anyway, would you pay $60 for a limited 1 year warranty? I wouldn't. And being it is going to be used by an 8u, I think we are years away from generating bat speed sufficient to damage the bat, so the risk of failure within the 1 year warranty is very small.

So, full retail, you are paying for the warranty, you want to be sure you get it. Discounted bats... you have to weigh the risk/cost of the warranty. Personally, I'm not losing sleep over a $220 purchase, sure it's a lot for a bat... but in an age where kids are walking around with $800 phones... you gotta keep some perspective.

And, my bat may be under warranty, i have a receipt, i'm just not concerned enough to look into it.

:)

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Sir, you are incorrect in many of your statements

Having a warranty and getting discounts or not paying retail have nothing to do with
one another.

I wasn't going to get into in, but didn't want people to be misled.

Making sure you buy from an authorized dealer doesn't mean you are spending 60 or whatever more. You are not "buying" the warranty. When mapp prices drop, many real dealers are selling bats for cheap with warranties and those bats automatically have the warranty because its from a dealer that has a contract with the manufacturer.
Why spend just about the same price for a bat without a warranty when you can get one for nothing more.

I don't care how old the kid is, bats are fragile. And I have no idea why you pointed out limited warranty when 99% of the time, its covered unless the customer does something very foolish.

Last edited:
May 16, 2016
Sir, you are incorrect in many of your statements

Having a warranty and getting discounts or not paying retail have nothing to do with
one another.

I wasn't going to get into in, but didn't want people to be misled.

Making sure you buy from an authorized dealer doesn't mean you are spending 60 or whatever more. You are not "buying" the warranty. When mapp prices drop, many real dealers are selling bats for cheap with warranties and those bats automatically have the warranty because its from a dealer that has a contract with the manufacturer.
Why spend just about the same price for a bat without a warranty when you can get one for nothing more.

I don't care how old the kid is, bats are fragile. And I have no idea why you pointed out limited warranty when 99% of the time, its covered unless the customer does something very foolish.

All warranties are "Limited", that is just how they are. If you read the fine print, Demarini bat warranties are fairly restrictive... For example, hitting anything other than a "Regulation game ball" voids your warranty. I would guess if most people were 100% truthful, they have already voided their warranty. Heck, my 8u DD's coach brought a bucket of tennis balls to practice, I guess our warranty is voided too. I highly doubt the Demarini warranty acceptance rate is 99%, but who knows.

As for fragility, I have told my 8u the pounding her bat on the plate like a sledge hammer days are over... but if she breaks this bat swinging at a ball in her 8u league... well, I probably won't be buying anymore Demarini bats.

My guess is most failures are a result of overuse, abuse, fraud or an inside fastball that hits the weak part of the handle just so. If your kid lives in the batting cage... she probably need a practice bat. If she swings like Babe Ruth, she probably needs a practice bat.

Don't want to get into a extended discussion, but I don't think I said anything misleading... If you are paying same as Manufacturer's suggested price (discounted or not), then you are essentially paying full retail, and you should probably make sure your bat is under warranty, cuz you paid for it. I bought a bat for $60 less than the discounted Manufacturer's price, so if it doesn't happen to have a warranty, I am ok with that, as the warranty does not add $60 in value in my opinion.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs