New Guidelines For The Team ~ What will your team do? What to expect.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
Then that kid should probably consider not participating and should avoid social contact. The decision to participate, when to participate and how to participate is always going to be (as it should be) an individual decision BUT others should not be prohibited from or saddled with unnecessary requirements when they have made their decision.

This is not a one size fits all situation and quite frankly, I think the more "requirements" clubs, teams and organizations put on returning to play the more they open themselves up for additional scrutiny and potential liability.
Just making the point that it's not only ailing relatives that don't live in your household which are at risk.. not even just people who are sick. Healthy individuals are getting seriously ill as well. The point is to stop the spread.. It sucks that your kids can't play ball like they normally would.. but everyone must do their part. Strict guidelines must be followed period, it's not ok for kids to be exempt from those guidelines because they live at home with healthy individuals

May 12, 2016
Make no mistake, there will be a new normal for everything including softball. That new normal should NOT be monitoring face touching and washing hands every 5 minutes. Spacing in the bench, ball changes/cleanings, no high fives, etc., those are risk mitigations that will not take away from the game.

Quite honestly, if you have 18+ girls in the field playing ball and are at a game with 40+ players/parents, you have already decided to take the risk.
It's not just your risk to take.. if you carry this disease you put everybody else at risk.

It's not just kids who live at home with sick individuals either.. what about those who have parents who must work around other vulnerable.. Doctors, Nurses, LTC workers etc etc. All those kids can't play either because social distancing practices can't be followed at the field.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Risk Mitigation is to lesson risk.

Just like stages are rolling out in states.
Team guidelines may also come in stages.

Perhaps the original concept of having a face spotter is to start addressing awareness to behavior.

Had thought about what if i had to play wearing a mask?
Heck sweat so much it would be soggy in one inning.

Just making the point that it's not only ailing relatives that don't live in your household which are at risk.. not even just people who are sick. Healthy individuals are getting seriously ill as well. The point is to stop the spread.. It sucks that your kids can't play ball like they normally would.. but everyone must do their part. Strict guidelines must be followed period, it's not ok for kids to be exempt from those guidelines because they live at home with healthy individuals

I gave you your point. I understand where you are coming from and I can respect your opinion while I disagree with it. It is up to me to make sure my family is protected, not some team, club, organization, or even the government. I hear this "we are all in it together" all the time but no, we are not all in this together. I may be in the same river but I am in a different boat.

Jun 8, 2016
It's not just kids who live at home with sick individuals either.. what about those who have parents who must work around other vulnerable.. Doctors, Nurses, LTC workers etc etc. All those kids can't play either because social distancing practices can't be followed at the field.
If a kid cannot be infected for whatever reason, they shouldn't play. If enough kids on a team are in this situation then the team cannot play 🤷‍♂️

May 12, 2016
If a kid cannot be infected for whatever reason, they shouldn't play. If enough kids on a team are in this situation then the team cannot play 🤷‍♂️
And if a kid(playing ball and not following the guidelines) needs to go to the hospital because an injury or illness? Just because a kid is not affected by Covid, doesn't mean they are not infected. They can be a carrier you wouldn't even know. A lot of times kids are worse case scenario because they are asymptomatic.

I think this could work with guidelines that help mitigate risks. But those who are saying we don't have to worry about face touching, shaking hands, staying clean etc.. sorry, that's not where we are right now in regards to this pandemic

May 12, 2016
I gave you your point. I understand where you are coming from and I can respect your opinion while I disagree with it. It is up to me to make sure my family is protected, not some team, club, organization, or even the government. I hear this "we are all in it together" all the time but no, we are not all in this together. I may be in the same river but I am in a different boat.
Until you need to jump on a big boat because you need assistance.. see post above. Your family might be safe but are you willing to put others at risk because guidelines must be followed

Jun 8, 2016
And if a kid(playing ball and not following the guidelines) needs to go to the hospital because an injury or illness? Just because a kid is not affected by Covid, doesn't mean they are not infected. They can be a carrier you wouldn't even know. A lot of times kids are worse case scenario because they are asymptomatic.
I mean a kid can fall out of a tree at their house obeying the stay at home orders..

I think this could work with guidelines that help mitigate risks. But those who are saying we don't have to worry about face touching, shaking hands, staying clean etc.. sorry, that's not where we are right now in regards to this pandemic
I agree.

Until you need to jump on a big boat because you need assistance.. see post above. Your family might be safe but are you willing to put others at risk because guidelines must be followed

Keep your kid at home under a rock and stay away from the ball field. That is your choice. If I evaluate my family's factors and determine that it is suitable for my child and in turn my family to participate then that is my decision and is not going to be governed by someone else's inability to make decisions for themselves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32