What to expect from out of town torunaments

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I never set any curfews or had any rules regarding swimming at hotels when I coach. I am their coach during the games. I am not their parent between games.
This is such a great point @Gambler Bob made.

Because it does happen that some parents will blame the coach for the behaviors of other parents and families
when away from team schedule.

This is why suggest the coach sets the tone of the mindset for everybody.
'Remember we have a tournament to play while you are enjoying your visit here in XYZ'

Hopefully setting the goals will be enough for people to participate on their non s.b. stuff and appropriately still stay focused on the tournament.

May 20, 2015
This is such a great point @Gambler Bob made.

Because it does happen that some parents will blame the coach for the behaviors of other parents and families
when away from team schedule.

This is why suggest the coach sets the tone of the mindset for everybody.
'Remember we have a tournament to play while you are enjoying your visit here in XYZ'

Hopefully setting the goals will be enough for people to participate on their non s.b. stuff and appropriately still stay focused on the tournament.

that's why i love team covenants https://www.coachestoolbox.net/program-building/covenants-for-teams-and-coaches

can include parents in a covenant, also......set positive behaviors you want to see out of all of your stakeholders in all sorts of situations.....practice, games, at tourneys, school, on the road, etc

gives everyone an idea of what the expectations are ahead of time........in terms of swimming/curfew - show up to the field on time and ready to play; how that is accomplished is up to parents and families

Jul 14, 2018
We had a week long trip to florida last summer. AirBnB condo was great. Having a kitchen and laundry saves a lot of time and energy.

We had a late add to our upcoming summer schedule. The stay-to-play hotels were all booked except the $400+ rooms. We’ve decided to pay the buyout and let people book their own accommodations. The AirBnB route sounds like a win to me. Just having a kitchen for breakfast each day will save the buyout fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414