New Bat recommendations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Update: I got a 2013 Miken Freak NXT of the bay a few days ago for UNDER $100 SHIPPED! Reports from a couple other sites said freaks and 454s are the same bat.
Got to love a deal.

Apr 9, 2012
Update: I got a 2013 Miken Freak NXT of the bay a few days ago for UNDER $100 SHIPPED! Reports from a couple other sites said freaks and 454s are the same bat.
Got to love a deal.

One of my girls got that same deal. She hits bombs with the Miken Freak. its a bit on the heavy side but she handles it well.

Oct 10, 2011
Got to love a deal.
You will love it. The farthest hit I've ever scene in 14u was with that bat.

Apr 1, 2010
Got to love a deal.

Is that the bat she hit the grand slam with? You definitely got your money's worth on that one! :-D

I was worrying about the 454 weighing heavier than sticker, but at DD's last hitting lesson she was using her drop 10 Stealth which runs 1.7 oz heavy. She was hitting the ball very nicely, so we decided to stick with a 454 in the same length, same drop. I'm eager for it to arrive so she can try it out. (Her hitting instructor says it's only a matter of time now till balls start going yard for her. Man, I can't wait to go hunting behind the fence to find her first one!)

By the way, we were chatting with the Worth rep while her team was ordering their new gear. He confirmed that the Mikens and Worths are made in the same factory. Basically different paint jobs. DD, however, must swing the one with the Worth paint job, so we can't get that sweet deal on the Miken. :-D

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2012
where did you find that deal on ebay do you have a link to it or was that the only one thanks
pm me the link

Apr 1, 2010
Another site said it's 1/2 ounce heavier. My DD has the CF5 33/23 (1/2 ounce lighter) and the Freak 33/23 (also 1/2 ounce heavier according to that site) and you can definitely feel the difference.

I had just about decided to go with the drop 12, but DD went to a hitting lesson the weekend before and looked great with her heavy drop 10 Stealth. Her instructor said she'd keep her at the -10, so we went ahead and ordered the FPL410 in 31/21. We got it this weekend, but unfortunately, not until after her hitting lesson.

I put it on our postal scale and it only weighed .4 oz over sticker, so it's over an ounce lighter than her Stealth. She's been swinging it in the air and loves the feel. She likes the orange graphics too. When she finally finished her homework last night, she was eager to go out and hit a few--had to tell her she was too late, it had gotten dark outside, lol. I bet we'll be pulling out the hitting net a lot this week.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma