New Bat recommendations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Ok, time for another ounce larger inch longer bat.
She is on her 2nd 2011 xeno, and she likes it. I am really interested in the worth 454, but, even having nearly 200 teams in town this last week, I did not see a single 454. Does anyone have experience with it?
The other option (that will probably happen) is another xeno. Has anyone been able to get their hands on a 2013 yet? I am trying to decide if we should wait for the 2013 or just get a 2012.

Anything else? (except rockettech, they are great, but dd got to used to swinging a balanced bat, and let me know if anyone wants a barely used 32/23 2012 rockettech for a good price.)

Apr 1, 2010
Hi, redhotcoach. DD is going to try out for a Worth sponsored team on Saturday. The coach says he'll have 454s on hand for the girls to try. I'll let you know what she thinks.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Hi, redhotcoach. DD is going to try out for a Worth sponsored team on Saturday. The coach says he'll have 454s on hand for the girls to try. I'll let you know what she thinks.

Great, let me know if she likes them and good luck!

I can't even find one in a store around here! Dd has had a lot of great hits with xenos, but has had quite a few miss hits, and occasionally hits a dead spot too.

Apr 17, 2012
Wi
Looking on eBay there is huge disparity between the price of xeno bats, why is that ? They are same year,different sizes.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Last I looked the smaller bats were cheaper. 30/20 cheapest, 31/21 a little bit more, etc.

I assume it is because people are looking for bigger bats.

Sports Authority by me stop carrying "smaller" bats.

May 17, 2012
I love the 454's, it's my bat of choice. For fastpitch one of the girls on my team had one and all the girls loved it. I have seen whole college teams use them...

Jul 30, 2012
Ohio
I know the 2013 is listed on cheapbats.com. I was just looking today to try to find my DD a -10. And seen it. Still can't decide if we want a worth or a demarini. She has only ever used worth and loves the grip. And at 10u I hate to switch that too much on her.

Anyways sorry tangent. They had almost all the new ones listed on the site and others I have talked to said they have returned stuff as long as it had the plastic still on the bats so you could always order and see if you liked it. I personally have not used this site though.

Jun 18, 2010
Ok, time for another ounce larger inch longer bat.
She is on her 2nd 2011 xeno, and she likes it. I am really interested in the worth 454, but, even having nearly 200 teams in town this last week, I did not see a single 454. Does anyone have experience with it?
The other option (that will probably happen) is another xeno. Has anyone been able to get their hands on a 2013 yet? I am trying to decide if we should wait for the 2013 or just get a 2012.

Anything else? (except rockettech, they are great, but dd got to used to swinging a balanced bat, and let me know if anyone wants a barely used 32/23 2012 rockettech for a good price.)

DD loves her Xeno. Two weeks ago she got a chance to take BP with the 454. She loved it. She said when she hit it flush it felt better than her Xeno. We will get a chance to swing another one this weekend. I'll let you know if she still likes it.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
We are down to the 454, Cf5, and Freak. I have been a big Xeno supporter, but in just 3 months I am seeing dead spots, and the start off doing the xeno clang when you hit it direct sweet spot, now dd's even clangs hitting lite flight balls.

I am getting more interested in 1 piece bats. Thoughts?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06