New bat in a pinch

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 27, 2021
I bet the "team" has 24+ bats in the dugout and another 24 in the garage.

Hasn't anyone offered to lend a bat? Last years bat, back-up, sisters old bat, etc?

How about a back-up of your own?

My DD has current bat, 2020 bat (back up) and cage bat in her bag. I would hand your daughter a bat in a sec.

May 28, 2019
Find the girl who shows up with four different bats and ask to borrow one....
Yeah... ridicule them... then have them help bail you out! 4 bats are nearly a necessity these days. 2 bats for 2 different swing needs. Any can blow a tire at any minute.

Apr 8, 2019
I called Mizuno and the guy was super helpful. He wouldn't be able to get me a bat in time, but he gave me some guidance and now I think I will be all set.

Maybe this should be another thread, but he suggested that I think about a heavier bat. He thought that maybe 23oz was too light for my DD. I'm not opposed to it, but I wonder what that would do to overall swing speed. Oh, and for those of you who have been waiting for the F22s.....don't hold your breath. Thanks for all the suggestions, and for talking me off the ledge. 🤣

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
Thats what Im talking about...every team has a couple girls that have 10 bats at home...hahaha

Hmmm. Mine used to have 4. She’s a catcher so there was plenty of room in her bag. She had her main, backup and then two of her old 33” blue Ghosts (she switched to 34”some time ago). She gave one to a former HS teammate and the other to her HS team to use. It still has her old HS # on the knob for them to remember her by.

Apr 26, 2019
Find the girl who shows up with four different bats and ask to borrow one....

In all seriousness, that's a bummer. Hope you find something. If possible, I'd find a Play It Again and find something used that can get her through. Not ideal, but lets her play.
I know this was partly in jest. However, DD's old team's coach's daughter would show up with FIVE bats. Four in her bag and her "special" one in a fur lined case which he insisted she put it back into the fur lined case when it wasn't in use. Weirdo...

Dec 18, 2016
Yeah, they wont be out for quite some time.
Yeah.....my DD broke her PC 21 a few months ago and we were told we won't see the new ones until October. The plus side is they're going to replace the broke PC21 with the new PC22 Silver.... Tried to see if I could track down an image but no luck! Daughter loves the bat though.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
I know this was partly in jest. However, DD's old team's coach's daughter would show up with FIVE bats. Four in her bag and her "special" one in a fur lined case which he insisted she put it back into the fur lined case when it wasn't in use. Weirdo...

I don’t judge, but I do laugh on the inside. The fur lined case seems a bit excessive though.

Although, DD is now a 3-bat kid as we found an absolute steal on a new bat we couldn’t pass up.

She now has game day, back up, and cold weather/BP bat.

Yes, I’m trying to justify having three.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad