New 11U TB team can't pick up players!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I really wish all the ABC organizations would move to "odd" numbered years. It would be much truer to school age, elminate college players at showcases and boost the 20u age groups. 9u, 11u, 13u (which would cover most middle school ages) 15u, 17u and then 20u. Be a pain the first year, but better for the kids at the younger age groups.

Do any of our senior members know why FP does 2 year segments? I'd assume this is an older rule when fewer females played the game and they had to "open" the age divisions some.

That's another reason I like baseball, seems a little more even matched with the single age groups in travel ball.

Jul 5, 2012
You have TWO 11U teams in same organization? Why is the other 11U coach not passing along his rejects to you? Sounds like he has first dibs, why is he sending so many away? Is the organization getting a bad reputation?

I agree with the other poster about the "moving" times. Between now and end of year you should find someone. A lot of this is like looking for a job, you gotta network. Post here, on eteamz, ask around, talk to parents, hopefully you have a website where players can find you, post in the newspaper, post at local indoor facilities, have the girls spread the word to their friends, etc.

Aug 15, 2012
Monroe, OH
Yes, technically we are 12U but try to have all 11 yr olds to retain players into the next season... That's actually my guess, I didn't come up with it! :)

Jul 26, 2010
Usually many teams are having tryouts this month. Keep scheduling tryouts. Take a look at other teams to see when they are scheduling there tryouts, and run a week later to see if you get some leftovers. You can run a bit more lean in the fall, because the point is to coach up players for the spring. Ideally you want 11 kids, no more.

-W

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA