Need Help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
First, I'm am absolutely gitty....... Both Hillhouse and BoardMember posting on my thread!!! LOVE IT!!! And, THANKS A TON!!!!

BoardMember, I've got that clip of Hillhouse. He definitely has more explosive movement toward the target and thus has a lot more energy into the throw just after he lands. DD's foot is darn near still on the rubber when she lands.

Further, his arm is not quite as bent from 12:00 to 9:00.

Also, a split second after release, it looks as though her hand is cupped, which bothers me for some reason. If the ball were to come off her finger pads and tips, I don't think I should see a cupped hand the instant after her release.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2012
Utah
Let me also add that I do think there is a lot of good going on, given she started softball and pitching May-June 2012. I like that her arm is bent through 12:00-release. I like how the ball goes through her vision just prior to being over her head. I like that she's getting a good stride even if it isn't yet explosive enough.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
JJsqueeze, Hillhouse didn't bum me out. I understand and appreciate what information I am able to glean here and elsewhere.

I'm relatively new to this discussion board (less than a year) and have just started posting with this particular thread. Bear with me for the multiple posts. I should combine them so there aren't so many.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
for what it's worth. My DDs motion that I posted was so bad I never even heard from BoardMember. I even tried to offer him money. now that is a deep cut man...deep, deep cut. You got the full GIF treatment side by side with Hillhouse...so there that.

Jun 13, 2009
And you probably bummed Doug out by posting on his thread without any feedback about his DDs motion. Throw him a friggin bone.

JJ, I am not going to speak for Bill but, as a parent of a student of his I can tell you this much, he is trying to run a BUSINESS. He offers a video analysis service. If Bill answered Doug's request for video analysis on here, what stops someone else from asking? Then the next guy. Then the next. Or Doug asking "follow up" questions? Then more. I realize your post was half hearted and not intended to put Bill on the spot but, as an outsider looking in, it looks like you did just that very thing.

cg

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
JJ, I am not going to speak for Bill but, as a parent of a student of his I can tell you this much, he is trying to run a BUSINESS. He offers a video analysis service. If Bill answered Doug's request for video analysis on here, what stops someone else from asking? Then the next guy. Then the next. Or Doug asking "follow up" questions? Then more. I realize your post was half hearted and not intended to put Bill on the spot but, as an outsider looking in, it looks like you did just that very thing.

cg

Gotcha....but it wasn't half hearted at all. I really meant what I said about how valuable his contributions and BMs are to all of us in the fastpitch community, not just on this board but in general. And I think you totally misinterpret my intentions...I was absolutely trying to put him on the spot :) Because I have the ability to control one of the premier pitching coaches in the nation via my magical keyboard. It was more a point that he is highly esteemed and if he's going to drop by to take Skinner to the woodshed it would be really nice to hear something about the actual thread. I think the world of his work but it's not going to prevent me from calling it like I see it. Costco is a business too but they dole out some free samples once in a while. Nothing crazy..just a "nice motion, she reminds me of a younger femaleier version of myself". Hijack over.

Jul 14, 2008
Don't be copping on your DD's mechanics Sqeeze. They ain't bad at all. But I need more then "dance shoes in the backyard" to peak my interest.......I actually meant to tell you that. Go to a field with a mound. Or use a pitching mat with a rubber. Put on the cleats. Get me a front view, side view and rear view. One pitch each.........Post the clips to Youtube and I'll download them. Send the links to the clips to me via PM, and we'll get something started........

John

Oh crap, now Skinner knows my first name..........

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spinner55