Need Help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
Between Hillhouse and BoardMember, I have accumulated a real treasure of information (multitude of computer files) on my computer. I think at the top of the list are the following four youtube clips of Hillhouse clinics

Pitching Clinic Part 1 - Bill Hillhouse - YouTube
Pitching Clinic Part 2 - Bill Hillhouse - YouTube
Pitching Clinic Part 3 - Bill Hillhouse - YouTube
Pitching Clinic Part 4 - Bill Hillhouse - YouTube

Also at the top of the list is are BoardMember's schooling us on I/R.

It doesn't get much better than these IMO!

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2012
This is a great thread...Minus the interuptions.... I have 2 great takeaways on this thread. Tonight, I noticed my DD has a tendency of opening the palm to 3rd base (RHP) on the upswing. I never really took notice in the past. She also gets the hand in front of the elbow too early in the sequence. She does it right sometimes.. and the velocity change is visible. I was never able to see why. I always harped on her that it was "Level of Effort". Maybe on ocasion I am right, but I think this may be a big contributor.

We have been playing the "Knock the ball off the tee" game to try and hone her location skills and make it fun. She heard of her friends doing this drill so of course...she wanted to try. I read about it on here many times, but didn't think she was ready for it yet. In the first 3 attempts.. she hit the ball 4 times. We're talking 50+ pitches at it each "attempt". Tonight...just these few tips.. mixed in with the focus on the plant foot location resulted in a 3 "hit" night in 38 pitches. (2 buckets.... I own 19 12" balls..lol) Bottom line to you Doug (OP), this stuff works. Great "Cues" to look for. The hand position at the front is easy..... even without video. The lag of the hand behind the elbow may be a bit harder to see.....even on video. That should be the fastest movement in the body throughout the entire motion...so the standard 30 FPS will make it VERY difficult to see....even in slo-mo.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse