Motion Review (Video)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 4, 2023
I'd love to hear the actual conversation between the OP and the Head Coach/owner of the "highly regarded" facility. So, I asked some guys on an internet forum about my DD's mechanics and they said.... lol
It was handled respectfully and we are moving on to a different instructor. Frustrating because it is a good facility but I probably should have been more involved upfront and had a second set of eyes earlier, but they also didn't do a good job either. I'm just trying to do the best thing for my DD before it's too late.

May 13, 2023
It was handled respectfully and we are moving on to a different instructor. Frustrating because it is a good facility but I probably should have been more involved upfront and had a second set of eyes earlier, but they also didn't do a good job either. I'm just trying to do the best thing for my DD before it's too late.
The journey involves a lot of learning moments. Some from good results some from not good results. The best thing is you're paying attention! Good for you!

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Been there, done that. Take everything that you can from the experience and keep moving forward. Do not ever hesitate to advocate for your DD. Spend the time (as has been mentioned here) to learn and understand as much as you can about the science and the art of pitching. It will make your (and your DD's) journey that much better and more memorable. There are a ton of resources available, some good, some bad...your main job is to sort through all of the noise and use what is best suited for your DD. We had some terrible options available for pitching instruction in my local area and a couple of the coaches were complete whack jobs, as we progressed one or two started coming around and showed an interest in learning this approach we summarily call IR - to me having an open mind and learning new approaches and adjusting your mindset was a critical character trait in a Coach. I made some awesome connections with some of the best in the business through this board (DFP) and learned a lot about what to look for and how to correct. Yes, I often got it wrong and needed to be "re-focused" (thank you Java).

Consider yourself lucky to have found this place (DFP) and kudos to you for being able to swallow hard and take corrective action (honestly, I wasn't sure given the way you kept describing the "highly regarded facility" with such a great track record of producing successful college pitchers. I've heard all that before. My twins (pitcher & catcher) just finished their Junior year in college and have been having what I would consider a decent amount of success - had we stayed with some of the large ego, local coaches I firmly believe the result would not have been good. It's been quite a ride so far and we're not done yet! Next season has already started!

Dec 10, 2015
Chautauqua County
FWIW, when teaching a student whatever mechanics we are working on, I also teach the parent(s) so that they can also get the feel of what we're learning and why. Students see me once a week, at best. Home instructions should be happening 3 times a week.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles