Motion Review (Video)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 4, 2023
Well this is sad to hear this is at a very well-regarded training facility in my area. She’s worked with a few different instructors, former d1 pitchers with loads of accolades. I know the latter doesn’t mean they are great coaches but like I said this is at a really well-regarded facility in my area where many local top talent train.

In my gut I knew something wasn’t right though after all this time

Any recommendations for online instructors? I have a turf mound in my basement which is 35 feet long (going to 12u though but not enough room for 40 feet) so I can work at home with her but would like some supervision.

Or any instructors anyone knows of in the southern New England area?

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 12, 2015
These are Tincher instructors in the area, don't know if any would be close to you. Tincher instructors have at least been certified (for whatever that is worth) and know and teach correct mechanics. I've personally not met a bad Tincher instructor yet:

1685010087617.png

As for other instructors, hopefully someone else can chime in.

For online instruction, you can do the IR in the classroom thread here (https://www.discussfastpitch.com/threads/i-r-in-the-classroom.10321/) progressing gradually from the lock it drills to liberty drills. Also look at youtube for anything from Javasource (https://www.youtube.com/@mikem9908), Balswick (https://www.youtube.com/@richbalswick2610/videos) and Pauly (https://www.youtube.com/@PaulyGirl1/videos). That can get you started,

Oct 9, 2018
Texas
Well this is sad to hear this is at a very well-regarded training facility in my area. She’s worked with a few different instructors, former d1 pitchers with loads of accolades. I know the latter doesn’t mean they are great coaches but like I said this is at a really well-regarded facility in my area where many local top talent train.

In my gut I knew something wasn’t right though after all this time

Any recommendations for online instructors? I have a turf mound in my basement which is 35 feet long (going to 12u though but not enough room for 40 feet) so I can work at home with her but would like some supervision.

Thank you.

As the parent, I would not try and take on the task of being the main person to teach your DD. A parent only has so many parental bullets to fire in a day and wasting them on learning to pitch rather than more important tasks like doing your homework can give mixed messages to kids about what is really important. If you opt for online instruction the goal should be just to educate yourself about what to look for in an "in-person" pitching coach. Do not be disheartened this is a very common situation to be in. I can not tell you how many pitching coaches my DD saw before I found one I liked, many were ex-D1 pitchers. Bill Hillhouse's videos and Rick Pauly's information along with the info here, helped guide me to finding a good pitching coach locally.

Nov 18, 2015
Amanda Scarborough (www.pitching-angel.com) has a good online series of courses.

Also - record some slow motion shots from the WCWS games this weekend, and let your daughter try to imitate their form: “see if you can copy this position, and finish the pitch”. To borrow a term Wasserman uses a lot - just explore the different movements that these D1 pitchers are using. (Explore = experiment with no expectation of perfection)

May 16, 2016
She’s been training for about 11 months 70 or so private lessons
Don't panic. She doesn't even have a year under her belt. Most pitchers started when they were 8 or 9, so you cannot really use them as a bench mark. Has she seen the same instructor these 11 months, it kind of sounded like you have seen multiple different instructors at same facility? Need to pick one instructor, and stick with them exclusively. Every instructor has different methods, terminology, and it can be very confusing for pitcher to hear conflicting instruction.

Is she playing travel ball or rec league? Either way, ask parents of the other "good" pitchers, and see where they are getting instruction.

May 4, 2023
I believe, ultimately she's at the right place (they are well-regarded and have the history to back it up), just feel like maybe something isn't clicking. All instructors are trained in the same method but I get what you are saying (and they are selective about who they hire).

We have a lesson tonight with her main instructor and I'm going discuss some of these things with her. It shouldn't be a problem sticking with one as long as I stay on top of scheduling (availability books quick).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles