Fixin' to Fix Her Swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 1, 2011
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8iwjG6QC8tGeXQyMkNMRTBRVk0/edit?usp=sharing

A little geographical humor there. HAHA!!! So, I got 5 swings here. The last two are the worst in my opinion, but the first three I believe are steps in the right direction. We were pressed for time because my grandmother rolled up right as we started, so we only got these cuts in. Planning on more work Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. The sound the bat made wooshing through the air even made her go "whoa!!" Much stronger through the ball. Other observations:

1. After watching the video, I think she's still making contact too far out front.
2. I don't see much forward movement. It's like she's just picking her foot up and putting it down.
3. I'm going to need to get her a bigger bat, because when swung correctly, this thing is going to be like a toothpick.
4. I can really tell which swings she cuts across the ball with because you can see her left elbow bend like she's pulling it that way (when I view it frame by frame).
5. Still need to create some separation between her top half and bottom half. Seems they are either linked, or her shoulders get ahead of her hips sometimes. We did some Slow Motion Swings to show her the tension she should feel (done them before, but she had a total AHA moment this time because she remembered the feeling we had discussed before).

She's a smart kid and a very cerebral player. Just need to create that muscle memory I've been talking about. Thanks for the feedback in advance. LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!

Josh

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA