Morale Of The Story....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 1, 2011
....don't get so far off of 3rd!!!

Just got back from our first trip to Panama City Beach. Team played awful. DD couldn't hit water if she fell out of a boat. But, thanks to all the work she's put in, she was OUTSTANDING behind the plate. This is a quick video of DD picking a girl off. Not sure if the girl didn't think she would throw it or what, but she found out pretty quick.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8iwjG6QC8tGVjNxZzctX216aW8/edit?usp=sharing

Josh

Jul 10, 2011
Rockport, MA
Love it!

One of the biggest things we try to communicate to our catchers is to find out how many outs you can steal from the other team a game. At that age so many catchers are worried about making an errant throw, but the more they start taking advantage of those situations, the bigger the impact they will have on their team.

Best part of the play was how calm and collected your DD was throughout the play. She didn't rush it, she just made the throw when it was time. Like I said, love it!

Aug 5, 2009
Bordentown, NJ
That was awesome. As a catcher's Dad myself there's nothing I love more than seeing baserunners get picked off.

I even sometimes find myself watching a game my kids aren't even playing in and getting frustrated when runners get way off the bag without being thrown at

May 1, 2011
I do love the fact that she's not afraid to throw it. It's something we've really made her understand. If you feel like she's too far off, HOSE HER BUTT. Only problem I have is sometimes she throws when she doesn't need to. Like 2 or 3 in a row on a girl that isn't but a few feet off. We're trying to teach her a little bit of a "rope-a-dope." See her out of the side of your helmet. Leave her alone. When she thinks you're not paying attention...THEN NAIL HER. She's thrown a few into the outfield. But, good thing about having a Catcher that WILL throw, is we've coached the outfielders to be in the right place in case she does that. Actually have gotten a couple girls at second after a bad throw and the outfielder makes the play because she was backing it up. Also puts a big smile on my face.

Josh

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA