Middle school softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2015
Illinois
My DD made the middle school softball team, and I am so proud of her! Some of you may recall a thread I posted a few months ago about her struggling at the plate a little. She worked hard, started doing extra training, got stronger and faster, (all on her own)and really came around the last month of the season. There were over 50 girls try out for the 7th grade team, and she was one of only 4 6th graders that made it. However.....at the parents meeting last night they said that she is not allowed to practice or play on her travel ball team until middle school ball is over in early October, so that bummed her out a little. I suppose that's a normal rule to only play middle school ball? Her travel ball team has all college girls for coaches, so they won't be practicing a whole lot once school starts anyways. Her coach just started working on slap hitting and footwork with her, so I really hate to not go to those practices....rules is rules I guess.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I think it is a rule but no one seemed to care for DD’s Team. The MS field just happened to use the same facility as a few Teams and some players would go from a game right to practice. Not DD though, she has other things to do like homework.

MS SB seemed to keep her busy enough without TB practice, it is only a couple months.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA