Lower Body

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 12, 2009
Looking forward to it. I am sure it will only take you a couple of deltoid swings and you'll be killing em...

While I'm THRILLED that you're so happy with your swing and your overall athletic ability, at the end of the day it doesn't automatically improve the quality of your ideas and how you communicate them. In fact, the odds are that the better your swing, the worse your conception of the swing and your ability to communicate it.

Mattingly and Gwynn being proof of this and Bustos being a welcome, but striking, exception to the rule.

R

RayR

The difference is that Gywnn and Mattingly were not paying attention enough because their goal was not to teach. Bustos does clincs and pays attention.

So - yes I think it helps to discover the feelings that match up to video so you can teach. It doesn't always work, but it is a great place to work from.

It also helps build trust with people - not always necessary but helps.

R

RayR

What I really scratch my head at is this:

Apparently, you think my swing is OK for an out of shape over 40 YO (my words) and seem to match up pretty well to what we all seem to agree upon as good mechanics. I have spelled out what got me there and you then dispute it...

While I'm THRILLED that you're so happy with your swing and your overall athletic ability, at the end of the day it doesn't automatically improve the quality of your ideas and how you communicate them. In fact, the odds are that the better your swing, the worse your conception of the swing and your ability to communicate it.

Mattingly and Gwynn being proof of this and Bustos being a welcome, but striking, exception to the rule.

R

RayR

Sorry for the quality. Pitch is about same height - this was taken before any instruction started.

R

RayR

That's because you play soccer...maybe when you start swinging a bat this year you will feel it...

So, tell me - you put out a DVD for sale and you don't have any swings of yourself trying your theories out?

Oct 12, 2009
That's because you play soccer...maybe when you start swinging a bat this year you will feel it...

So, tell me - you put out a DVD for sale and you don't have any swings of yourself trying your theories out?

Way to change the subject.

Of course I swing the bat and have lots of video of myself swinging, but I'm not so arrogant as to think that I'm feeling the same thing that Pujols or Bustos are.

I much prefer to demonstrate things using clips of good hitters, not me, you, or some other random person.

R

RayR

Yup - the cop out...you're telling me that not one time - a swing felt different and good and easy and you didn't think that's what Pujols must feel?

BM and Swingbuilder rave about the feeling of the move...you think they aren't feeling the same things as Woods?

And here is the really heart of the issue. If you cannot replicate a good swing then you cannot feel what a good swing is so the point is moot...there has nver been a deltoid swing that resembles a good swing. So, how can a deltoid swing give the same feeling?

And so now you are calling me arrogant? The guy who sells information on how to swing a bat is calling me arrogant? The guy who tells people, "this is how the pro's do it" is calling me arrogant...the guy who admits he can't feel what Pujols feels...

But, this is the best...

I have become something of an expert when it comes to pitching mechanics and rotational hitting. I have even gotten to the point where my work, especially my work on flaws like the Inverted W, is followed by a number of major league scouts and player development folks.
My hitting clips and analyses and pitching clips and analyses are two of the most popular pages on my web site. I have also released a Rotational Hitting 101 DVD, which explains how I teach the major league swing to baseball and fast pitch softball players, and a Pitching Mechanics 101 DVD which explains how I teach proper pitching mechanics to pitchers of all ages.

Oct 12, 2009
Yup - the cop out...you're telling me that not one time - a swing felt different and good and easy and you didn't think that's what Pujols must feel?

BM and Swingbuilder rave about the feeling of the move...you think they aren't feeling the same things as Woods?

And here is the really heart of the issue. If you cannot replicate a good swing then you cannot feel what a good swing is so the point is moot...there has nver been a deltoid swing that resembles a good swing. So, how can a deltoid swing give the same feeling?

And so now you are calling me arrogant? The guy who sells information on how to swing a bat is calling me arrogant? The guy who tells people, "this is how the pro's do it" is calling me arrogant...the guy who admits he can't feel what Pujols feels...

But, this is the best...

This is boring me.

All I can say is that my top hitter hit .350 in the NLCS and .318 in the World Series.

AndresTorres_LH_2010WS_Game3_CF_HR_ToRF_C.gif

What did your top guy hit in the World Series?

If you want to read about our relationship, check out Sports Illustrated...

Andres Torres is becoming invaluable to San Francisco Giants - Joe Lemire - SI.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd