Looking for 2021 LXT thoughts/reviews

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 30, 2018
I do have a soft spot for Xeno. My older dd loved them and my younger one hit her first otf hr with one of her sisters hand me down Xeno’s. When Louisville screwed over my favorite small dealer we moved over to Easton and never looked back.

I hate to think how many Xenos we ordered from him😀. We were doing group buys and sometimes the bats came in from Pa. in six pack boxes. Ah, the memories!
That’s where all of her ghost have come from as well. Truth be told I doubt I even get her to consider making switch. She hit her first over with a ghost and many more since. She’s a second year 14u now and hit a grand slam in an a 18u tourney her first at bat as a pick up this season. In her mind it’s the bat. Not the thousand of dollars in lessons and countless hours practicing. Smh.

Jun 8, 2016
I’ve yet to pay over $200 for a bat. Game bats have been Marucci, Mizuno 1 piece and now Xeno (but I have only paid for one and it was a 2019 model). Also had a used Easton Mako for a BP bat.

If DD isn’t the starting SS for UCLA in 8 years it won’t be because I am cheap..

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2019
AD- I don’t understand how at 5’ your DD is using a 34” bat. She should be at no more than a 32” height wise. Don’t know her weight but I would assume she is under 150.
My DD’s are 5’ 2” & 5’ 4” respectively and they both use 32’s Lexi is strong and prefers heavier Ghosts. Alyssa is more average and likes her lighter Sluggers.
I’m 6’ 2” and swing a 34” bat so I really don’t get it. Then again you seem to like small gloves and I prefer gloves on the bigger side. 😜
I was watching Carley Hoover video recently. You know 6’ 2” former LSU player who now plays professionally and she mentioned she prefers a bigger glove so she can get to more balls because she prides herself on also playing defense.
I had to smile and said to myself now this woman knows what she is talking about.
She also mentioned that Abbott and Ueno were by far the best pitchers on the planet. Not really a leap there but again she knows about what she speaks.
All you small glove lovers can rub them on your chest!!!🤭

Jun 8, 2016
Then again you seem to like small gloves and I prefer gloves on the bigger side. 😜
I was watching Carley Hoover video recently. You know 6’ 2” former LSU player who now plays professionally and she mentioned she prefers a bigger glove so she can get to more balls because she prides herself on also playing defense.
Last time I checked Carley Hoover wasn't a MI which I believe is where @ANNASDAD (and I) believe a smaller glove is advantageous...

Apr 28, 2019
Curious as to what peoples impressions of the the 2021 LXT are? Possibly looking to purchase one for my DD. She's been using nothing but the dual stamped Ghost for the last couple of seasons and really likes them but they just don't hold up long enough for my satisfaction (she's on her 8th ghost) and I've heard good things about the new LXT. I know it's possible they're just as fragile as the Ghost, but I'm ready for her to give something else a go if I can convince her.
I have a 2021 LXT on order. NIW Demo that was supposed to be here already. The poor SOB that got it for me came down with COVID so it was delayed.
I will say I got one of my DD’s an RXT for Xmas and she recently started to use it. She had one tee session and hit live the next session. She was Luke-warm initially but bested her long ball by 20 feet on Hittrax and now she loves it.
She is a Xeno & LXT lover. The RXT can be had for very reasonable prices currently. After a couple of hundred swings the RXT opened right up and has impressed.
I consider the LXT the best bat in Fastpitch. Mainly because any girl can use it, it has a BIG sweet spot, and they have proven to be durable to me.
But the other poster was right the Xeno is a closer match to the Ghost weight & feel wise. I would suggest a drop 9 LXT if you want a little more punch like the Ghost.

Jun 8, 2016
Oh so now only MI’s need tiny gloves?
I've never said otherwise. The only time having a larger glove is advantageous for MI is extended backhands/forehands which are probably less than 5% of the balls they handle.

I’m surprised you don’t play bare handed.
For most balls (balls you square up, relays, DP turns) you deflect the ball, you don't catch it, so yeah if it didn't hurt you could play with a cardboard box if you knew how to field a ball correctly...

Feb 25, 2020
Isnt 34" the max length allowed? I bet alot of 6' + tall players would love to swimg a 35-36" drop 10.

Apr 28, 2019
How about line drives
I've never said otherwise. The only time having a larger glove is advantageous for MI is extended backhands/forehands which are probably less than 5% of the balls they handle.

For most balls (balls you square up, relays, DP turns) you deflect the ball, you don't catch it, so yeah if it didn't hurt you could play with a cardboard box if you knew how to field a ball correctly...
How about line drives? Hard hit ground balls you need to dive for? Bloopers into short OF? Throw downs from catcher? I’ll err on the side of caution and go with a bigger glove that is good fit for every situation. Always better to have a little extra than be caught short.
I can see you wearing one of those old school late 1800’s early 1900’s gloves that actually looks like a hand.
Anyway this is a bat thread so should get back to that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish