Looking for 2021 LXT thoughts/reviews

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
How about line drives?
If you have to jump for them, sure.
Hard hit ground balls you need to dive for?
I covered that already with extended backhand/forehand.
Bloopers into short OF?
If you have to extend, then sure.
Throw downs from catcher?
No idea why a bigger glove would help here.

All those situations still represent less than 20% of the balls handled by a MI. Lot easier to deflect a ball and get a quick transfer when the glove is smaller. If you polled P5 SS I would almost guarantee that most are using a 12" glove.
I can see you wearing one of those old school late 1800’s early 1900’s gloves that actually looks like a hand.
yeah well it won't look as ridiculous as you
unnamed.jpg

Anyway this is a bat thread so should get back to that.
You started it.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
AD- I don’t understand how at 5’ your DD is using a 34” bat. She should be at no more than a 32” height wise. Don’t know her weight but I would assume she is under 150.
Honestly I didn’t know it until I helped her move out of her dorm last year because of this stupid virus. We went to the field to grab all her equipment, that 34” Xeno was in her cubby. I don’t get to work with her anymore.....it’s out of my hands now!

As far as her 5’0” 135lb. frame using a 34” bat, yeah I think it’s too long for her too......but you’ve got to see her swing a bat! It was always hilarious to watch her bat in the 3 or 4 hole on her 18U National team, she was by far the smallest on that team!

Feb 25, 2020
I think kirby puckett swung a 34. Maybe a 33.5. Gio stanton swings a 34. Not sure what the size chart says for them.

Jun 8, 2016
Yeah, they’re definitely not swinging 24 ounce bats!
I don't care how tall a kid is, an adult woman with good swing mechanics should have no issues swinging a 24 oz bat...I swung a bat heavier than that when I was 9 years old.

Apr 28, 2019
I’m not a catcher
If you have to jump for them, sure.

I covered that already with extended backhand/forehand.

If you have to extend, then sure.

No idea why a bigger glove would help here.

All those situations still represent less than 20% of the balls handled by a MI. Lot easier to deflect a ball and get a quick transfer when the glove is smaller. If you polled P5 SS I would almost guarantee that most are using a 12" glove.

yeah well it won't look as ridiculous as you
View attachment 20897

You started it.
I’m not a catcher. I didn’t start anything with you. I was speaking to AD about his DD’s bat size and ribbed him a little a about glove size.
Not sure why you felt the need to speak for AD. He does fine all by his lonesome.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quickpitch