LLC a travel team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 19, 2013
Hey guys, what is involved in LLC a travel team? Any websites to check out regarding the steps? I did a search but came up dry, must not have typed in the right search words.

Thanks

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
My guess is you are referring to setting up your travel team as an LLC corporation. Some big organizations with multiple teams may do that, especially if they generate revenue, but most TB teams I am aware of operate on a "break even" budget. Some even operate as a 503C, so they are tax exempt. Just find a bank that will let you open a checking account in the team name and you are in business!

Last edited:

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Hey guys, what is involved in LLC a travel team? Any websites to check out regarding the steps? I did a search but came up dry, must not have typed in the right search words.

Thanks

Most of the teams here are set up as a 503.c organization for tax purposes.

Unless you a huge org looking to make profit, this is the way to go.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
What does the LLC do for you? As a business owner it shielded my private possessions from lawsuits that might happen in the business. Other then limiting my liability it didn't do much else. You can limit your personal liability on a TB team via signed agreements and waivers.

Jul 23, 2014
Midwest
I'm pretty sure a Limited Liability Company (LLC) is more for an organization that is selling products or services. I don't think a TB team fits that bill.

I think you're better off going for the 503c like the others have mentioned above.

Oct 4, 2011
Colorado

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gerard