live pitching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 29, 2009
While hitting live pitching is the ultimate goal. unless they have already mastered their mechanics I prefer working on building the good muscle memory that allows the hitter to perfom at the highest level once they get in the box. Its not rocket science but it is a sequenced series of events that must be learned beginning with a lot slower reps than those that can be learned hitting live pitching. So pretty much I believe strongly in quality tee work focusing on quality slow reps that gradually get faster as the athlete can handle it without breaking down the swing.

Then we move to a slower pace with soft toss graduating to a medium speed live pitching with a short fence focusing on not breaking down the mechanics we have leaned at the tee.

Nov 1, 2009
I don't know of any college or pro team that can afford to have a BP pitcher not have one or two. The idea of batting practice is to work on your swing mechanics and tracking the ball off the bat. The hand eye cordination you gain will be automatically adjusted in the game. I probably took 100k swings in batting practice and not once did we go against our pitchers or anyone simulating a real pitcher.

Hitter

Banned
Dec 6, 2009
While hitting live pitching is the ultimate goal. unless they have already mastered their mechanics I prefer working on building the good muscle memory that allows the hitter to perfom at the highest level once they get in the box. Its not rocket science but it is a sequenced series of events that must be learned beginning with a lot slower reps than those that can be learned hitting live pitching. So pretty much I believe strongly in quality tee work focusing on quality slow reps that gradually get faster as the athlete can handle it without breaking down the swing.

Then we move to a slower pace with soft toss graduating to a medium speed live pitching with a short fence focusing on not breaking down the mechanics we have leaned at the tee.

Amen! That is a plan!

Thanks Howard

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck