They don't know how good they are

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
at 10u and 12u, a lot of the standouts are simply bigger, physically stronger, etc.. DD tried out for several 12u teams last summer, got noted by several of the coaches that she was one of the most fundamentally sound 2007 girls they had seen, but they were going with other girls (ie bigger, stronger). and DD is a Feb bday.
That is the point..they standout but it doesn't mean that they have more ability. Seeing past physical strength and size is something many people are unable to do at the younger ages. Of course these teams I was talking about may just want to win at all costs now without worrying about what is best later on down the road for the 14U/16U/18U teams in the org...we are not talking about MLB scouts I guess. Also there are kids who are always bigger and stronger and that will obviously be of benefit throughout their careers. I played with a kid in Legion who threw 80 MPH in LL (46 feet..people cheered when somebody made contact with him) who ended up pitching in the majors.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee