Likes and Dislikes

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 27, 2008
Thanks for the input everyon, we will be seeing live action this weekend in our opening tournament, hope to get lots of game footage.
I also don't like the way she lands on her front foot at toe touch and then RE, would like to see it more fluid. Hopefully it won't effect her too much this weekend.

As far as the model swings, does anyone recommend any particular player? Seeing 14's swing who should I compare it to that resembles her swing and strive to recreate?

May 13, 2008
Thanks for the input everyon, we will be seeing live action this weekend in our opening tournament, hope to get lots of game footage.
I also don't like the way she lands on her front foot at toe touch and then RE, would like to see it more fluid. Hopefully it won't effect her too much this weekend.

As far as the model swings, does anyone recommend any particular player? Seeing 14's swing who should I compare it to that resembles her swing and strive to recreate?

Go all the way back to the first page (I think) and use UCLA's Benji as a model.

May 13, 2008
in the picture you provided, the hitter didn't move forward only his elbow dropped giving the apperance he moved forward

Please look again. The red line is drawn from the lead shoulder through the hip all the way to the ground. It clearly shows lateral movement (towards the pitcher) from the back of the plate to approximately the middle of the plate.

Jun 27, 2008
Well I didn't get a chance to video her this weekend, I was working 3rd base but she did really well, batted right above .300, 2 singles and a triple along with putting the ball in play just not reaching base safely. She did strike out 3 times though so still gotta keep working, its still early in the season.

Will try to get game video again in two weeks.

Jun 27, 2008
2rqm89u.gif

Here is some hitting practice from yesterday, I will post a game swing in a little while, comments please.

Oct 25, 2009
2rqm89u.gif

Here is some hitting practice from yesterday, I will post a game swing in a little while, comments please.

Looks pretty much like the first video, which is still pretty good, though.

What I recommend her doing right away is start working on hip coil. Have her show the pitcher her hip pocket. Maintain that coil to toe-touch, then uncoil with the hip leading the swing. That will add much more power to her swing.

After the coil (load), start from the ground up. The rear foot starts the action with "the move". It will feel the same as the start of a step forward. As soon as the rear heel starts to come up the hip takes over and pulls the heel. The hip leads the hands, which are still at launch position at this point ("on the shelf" as FFS calls it). The hip pulls the hands off the shelf at the same time the hands are throwing the barrel through the ball.

If she wants to continue the open stance she can accomplish the coil by bringing her lead knee in towards her rear knee, showing the hip pocket to the pitcher. Look at some of the model swings and I think you'll see what I mean.

Fix that lower half first and foremost. You will be amazed at the difference in power.

We'll talk about the hands next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12