3rd base glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 19, 2017
My 12U DD is using a Rawlings Liberty Advanced RLA207SB-6W 12.25. While she really likes the pattern, she’s always fighting with the wrist pull strap.

I am considering this glove and would like some input. Will this work with a 12 inch ball? If no, can you provide some suggestions in this price range?

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
It will absolutely work with a 12" ball. Baseball gloves and softball one are virtually interchangeable. You just need to make sure you break them in with a softball mallet, not a baseball one. The ones they sell are normally designed for a baseball, so I made my own out of a drumstick and a softball. I catch my daughter with a Yadier Molina model Heart of The Hide baseball catcher's mitt.

The glove you're looking at is a Robin Ventura model, so it's designed for third base. The difference is that you need to get the ball out so much quicker in softball, hence the smaller size for infielders. If she is going to play OF still, the 12.25 is a compromise, but this glove is designed with a shallow pocket, and it won't be ideal for softball outfield play. This is also an exclusive glove, so getting a deal will be more difficult. If you find another Rawlings you like on the main site, let me know so I can get you a good deal.

Oct 19, 2017
It will absolutely work with a 12" ball. Baseball gloves and softball one are virtually interchangeable. You just need to make sure you break them in with a softball mallet, not a baseball one. The ones they sell are normally designed for a baseball, so I made my own out of a drumstick and a softball. I catch my daughter with a Yadier Molina model Heart of The Hide baseball catcher's mitt.

The glove you're looking at is a Robin Ventura model, so it's designed for third base. The difference is that you need to get the ball out so much quicker in softball, hence the smaller size for infielders. If she is going to play OF still, the 12.25 is a compromise, but this glove is designed with a shallow pocket, and it won't be ideal for softball outfield play. This is also an exclusive glove, so getting a deal will be more difficult. If you find another Rawlings you like on the main site, let me know so I can get you a good deal.
Thank you. I’ll definitely keep you in mind .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles