Likes and Dislikes

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 27, 2008
about #14's latest swing
2elxu69.gif

Thanks for your input

Jan 25, 2011
looks good , my self I would like to see the hibs start the swing a little earlier than the hands.

Jan 25, 2011
I guess , because I like more of a rotational swing thats all I'am saying , your DD has more of a linear swing not to say that is bad . She has real nice bat angle . Thats where my dd seems to have trouble with trusting the hands , your dd walks away from her hands well I like that , gets her momentum going to the ball. Really Nice swing , keep up the good work.

Oct 23, 2009
Los Angeles
I guess , because I like more of a rotational swing thats all I'am saying , your DD has more of a linear swing not to say that is bad . She has real nice bat angle . Thats where my dd seems to have trouble with trusting the hands , your dd walks away from her hands well I like that , gets her momentum going to the ball. Really Nice swing , keep up the good work.

Totally disagree that she has a linear swing. She loads well with her upper body and has nice balance at POC and follow through. She seems to hit with nice power and fluidity.

Suggestion, I would have her stride foot plant solid and not turn after toe touch so its more stable when she gets to her left side.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2011
I said she has a more linear swing not a total linear swing. I was looking at the pole in the background and it looks like she goes forward. Its all a perception anyway how you look at it. But still that being said she has a really nice swing.

Jun 3, 2009
There are a lot of things to like about her swing.

Two things that strike me as different from most of the "model swings":

1) It looks like she was given a cue to intentionally rotate the front foot prior to heel plant?
2) Her hips are lagging behind her hands.

Compare what she's doing to these women from the model swings thread.

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
That looks pretty good. When she decides to "go" after toe touch the bat takes a real nice path. Curious...how does this swing translate to games against better pitchers? Where does she hit the ball and how successful is she?

May 13, 2008
I said she has a more linear swing not a total linear swing. I was looking at the pole in the background and it looks like she goes forward. Its all a perception anyway how you look at it. But still that being said she has a really nice swing.

nano, anyone who utilizes a stride is going to have a lateral (linear) weight shift. What you have to key on is what happens after the stride foot heel drops. It is then that you'll see that the rotational part of the swing comes into play.

2010-01-20_112924.jpg2010-01-20_113017.jpg

May 13, 2008
about #14's latest swing
2elxu69.gif

Thanks for your input

I like a lot about this swing. Good stride, nice lower body. Walks away from the hands, slots the bat behind the head.

Two things I would tackle right now is she is landing on the ball of her stride foot. It would be better, IMO, to land more on the big toe and not open the hip up too much, but keep the rest of the lower body action going. Second would be that she is ever so slightly dropping her hands during separation, possibly getting a little too much separation as well. Try to keep those hands around shoulder level until you're ready to launch into the ball.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
There are a lot of things to like about her swing.

Two things that strike me as different from most of the "model swings":

1) It looks like she was given a cue to intentionally rotate the front foot prior to heel plant?
2) Her hips are lagging behind her hands.

Compare what she's doing to these women from the model swings thread.

Yes.

The sequence is incorrect. The external rotation of the lead leg is happening way too early and not synchronized with the upper rear arm. The swing is "Shift THEN Swing" instead of "Shift AND Swing".

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdawson30