Lets see one of yours better than this one RICH!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Geez it seems that the same people that were giving me a hard time on here for fussing with Rich are now doing the same thing...Hmmm when its your kid that's the latest topic you tend to change your view on the subject ..Isnt that right RDBASS???

Whos next Lenski? Lets see if Lenski would change his mind also! Funny how this works!

I didn't change my view just pointed out a false statement. I have shown/posted my 'work'.
The entire process from when the pitch is thrown until contact is approximately 400 milliseconds or 4/10 of a second. As soon as the ball leaves the pitcher's hand, the hitter is looking for it and immediately starting to determine speed, direction, and trajectory. He then continues to read the pitch until the ball is approximately 20 feet from home plate. At that point the impulse to swing must occur. While the initial reading of the pitch is occurring, is the hitter doing anything else? Is he not utilizing this initial information in order to prepare his body and hands to swing at the ball? Why wouldn't he? If the hitter is able to gain any information in that short window, it seems reasonable to me that the brain will utilize that information to it's advantage (Direct-Load). Then when the swing begins, hand/eye coordination gives us a bit of a head start.

I've stated that while a hitter is watching the ball in the air with his eyes. A hitter is loading and preparing(direction/directing) his hands and body to swing(launch). All of this loading is creating a corner from which to swing from behind. The swing is launch from behind the corner with a direction in mind. Behind a corner the hitter can now fine tune the direction or abort the swing.
I don't understand why the 'eyes' directing setting up/loading the hands and body is a bad thing. It doesn't mean I'm directing the hands forward,dropping the bat level, on plane early, or bleeding my corner. It just means I'm putting my hands in a better position to hit the ball.
If my logic is incorrect feel free to correct me.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
And so have I.

And what did it get us.......
tumblr_lj463qdNTi1qdlkgg.gif

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
If I may fellas. It all goes back to, is everyone more educated today than they were years ago? OR has there been a divergence?

Donny's information is/was superior and correct. Hearing some of the "divergent-speak" repeated here, is just that. It's a sales pitch, disguised as hitting absolutes. Free advertisement for one mans ego. Meanwhile, when you come to the true understanding, you realize how much time you wasted on helping to bolster nonsense.

I'll continue to point it out. Be assured of that.

Last edited:
May 8, 2015
I don't know or care who Rich is but it seems to me he is getting exactly what he wants( causing tempers to flare HERE!)

Dec 19, 2012
Geez it seems that the same people that were giving me a hard time on here for fussing with Rich are now doing the same thing...Hmmm when its your kid that's the latest topic you tend to change your view on the subject ..Isnt that right RDBASS???

Whos next Lenski? Lets see if Lenski would change his mind also! Funny how this works!

Change my mind about what?

Dec 1, 2011
Roga has Stockholm Syndrome. Poor fella.

Hehehe...and I'm not the only one. Some of the posters here have found good information there to help move them or their hitters along.

Some rejected all, some rejected some, some left, some stayed. ....and no one, absolutely no one tried to prevent them from moving on to where they wanted to be. Even the site's owner...

The fact is, some folk didn't want to leave any available information untapped that just might benefit their hitter(s). They didn't just take your word on it and let you or others decide for them. They went to see for themselves.

For me, just the idea of having a plausible system to work from has made the process of learning and teaching this stuff so simple.

A hand pivot point, a rear hip pivot point, and the synchronization of the two is one system more than you advocate.

You are and continue to be scattered all over the place.

That's what happens when the only system you teach is: "Don't Go To The Site That Can't Be Mentioned"

That's OK for some.
It not OK for others....IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi