Lets see one of yours better than this one RICH!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 19, 2012
Well you couldn't be more wrong if you tried. Apparently Rich has banned a broad base of IP addresses. I cannot access that site. JYRYAN has pm me and asked me to send HIM MY IP SO I CAN GAIN ACCESS. SO YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

ONCE AGAIN YOU ARE CLUELESS, THE KID IS NOT my kid!

Do you really think I care about what HI says? I don't respect his opinion and I know the kids swing needs work. You missed all the way around on your post!

Why does Rich scrutinize over there and not here. It goes both ways!

Okay, well, I never called him you son. I said your boy and your kid, but never your son. However, you did post the swing over there, correct? You did have access over there. Rich ripped the swing apart and took away your access.......boo hoo. If you didn't care what was said over at HI then you would not have started this thread. Quit being a little baby. Be a man.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Read below:

111215%20-%20Me%20mashing%20Rampage.gif

For some reason I just have a feeling that this bat might not be legal. Regardless,

Last edited by a moderator:

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Guys, at this point I think all the points that can be made have been made. Instead of throwing accusations at and arguing with one another, let's get back to talking about actual hitting.

Rampage

Banned
Jul 8, 2015
Okay, well, I never called him you son. I said your boy and your kid, but never your son. However, you did post the swing over there, correct? You did have access over there. Rich ripped the swing apart and took away your access.......boo hoo. If you didn't care what was said over at HI then you would not have started this thread. Quit being a little baby. Be a man.

Wrong again!

No I didn't post there. And the results of the swing produced fine results! As it always does!

Rich obviously took the clip from here. Not the first time he has done that!

Rampage

Banned
Jul 8, 2015
Here’s the holdup with hitting coaches, even ones I agree with on a majority of things,

They think that the back knee MUST stay inside the foot at ALL times. So, they teach ALL their hitters to do this, often putting the hitter’s back knee in an unnatural and awkward position before Forward Momentum.

If you think this knee position is healthy you would be wrong.

In addition,

These same instructors may also suggest and teach there hitters that when the back knee gets over the ankle, that it’s a BAD thing.

This couldn’t be further from the truth.

The shifting of the knee back over the ankle should have a purpose. A couple baseball hitting drills for youth concepts:
1.A timing mechanism that I like to call the ‘Float’, AND
2.Creating torque, or stability, in the back hip.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Here’s the holdup with hitting coaches, even ones I agree with on a majority of things,

They think that the back knee MUST stay inside the foot at ALL times. So, they teach ALL their hitters to do this, often putting the hitter’s back knee in an unnatural and awkward position before Forward Momentum.

In addition,

These same instructors may also suggest and teach there hitters that when the back knee gets over the ankle, that it’s a BAD thing.

The shifting of the knee back over the ankle should have a purpose. A couple baseball hitting drills for youth concepts:

Do you have video from any MLB or high level hitter who has their knee over their ankle? When you made this statement, my first thought was perhaps Bautista but on the video I have of him, he doesn't get to this position. Then, I thought that BJ Upton might but when I checked the video of him then it didn't match this. Again, just wondering if you have this. One major issue I think that you might have from a position of the back knee being directly over the ankle would be adjust-ability. However, I'm game to see any video of the "float" and what exactly you mean by that.

Per the torque, stability etc. of the back hip, I went and looked at Cabrera, Pujols, ... and they tend to have very efficient loads of the back hip. I don't know if you have been to Noontime's website and if not, simply type in Noontime Baseball and you will find a lot of clips to view.

Take care,

Darrell

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England

In addition,

You know the drill! Let's see some pix/video of what you are saying is right v. wrong. Leave Voldemort behind and start a new thread.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Is Voldemort from back in Englishbey days?

Yes but even before. He was on TeamEZ which was one of the first message boards as well as others like Mankin. He was on SetPro as well with Nyman. From there, he progressed to Englishbey's website.

Edited to add:

I should add that I'm from the Englishbey days as well though I started coaching a long time before that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877