Lets see one of yours better than this one RICH!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Trust his hands = bat torque. Bottom hand launch/ Top hand whip.
Yes! - Direct/Load. Later on in the thread, he talks about hitting the pitch square based on it's location. Not trying to be late BUT being on-time later...

We all know what the conservation of angular momentum is, right? What if we don't conserve angular momentum AS MUCH on pitches away??? The bottom hand tells the body.

BTW, what makes Miggy so special? He can be a pure pull hitter or he can go oppo - by his early recognition. Now that's trust!

Right. Buster's point was that under high speed actions the brain was not good at trying to purposely fail. He believed a hitter should not try to be late, but be on time. He believed that a hitter needed a good mental image of what was correct. Having the mental image correct removed the notion of attempting to succeed by failing.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Here’s the holdup with hitting coaches, even ones I agree with on a majority of things,

They think that the back knee MUST stay inside the foot at ALL times. So, they teach ALL their hitters to do this, often putting the hitter’s back knee in an unnatural and awkward position before Forward Momentum.

If you think this knee position is healthy you would be wrong.

In addition,

These same instructors may also suggest and teach there hitters that when the back knee gets over the ankle, that it’s a BAD thing.

This couldn’t be further from the truth.

The shifting of the knee back over the ankle should have a purpose. A couple baseball hitting drills for youth concepts:
1.A timing mechanism that I like to call the ‘Float’, AND
2.Creating torque, or stability, in the back hip.

Are you a Joey Myers fan perhaps?

http://hittingperformancelab.com/baseball-hitting-drills-for-youth/

Last edited:

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Maybe I'm crazy and no, I don't want a vote on that, but I see the knee on the inside of the back foot and not the knee stacked over the knee.

buster-posey.jpg

Dec 19, 2012
Lenski I gave my ip...Rich has gone silent for two days now, it's kinda of stupid to think anyone would be scared of him. I must say I really don't know what your point is, if you don't like the thread simply don't participate. Other than that I have no more to say.

Lol....here's my point:

1. Rich got under your skin....on his site.
2. You expressed your frustration.....on this site.
3. Rich offered you an invitation to hash things out.....on his site.

Now for some reason Rich went silent on you. Rich did pop his head out long enough this weekend to call someone a "Certified Moron". Maybe he'll get back to you after he completes his Honey-Do list.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Maybe I'm crazy and no, I don't want a vote on that, but I see the knee on the inside of the back foot and not the knee stacked over the knee.

buster-posey.jpg

I believe you mean "not the knee stacked over the ankle". But yes I agree as well. Even the link that shows the posting nearly word for word admits to that. His statement is "slightly off center the ankle". Then later on he states "No, we DO NOT want the weight to go to the outside part of the back foot".

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Let's call BS when it's presented, no matter how many disclaimers are made, okay?
Here is my duplication of what Manny is doing.... It is a PERFECT match. Manny is actually hitting...in the batters box and hitting....not doing a drill....he's adjusting also....attempting to hit a ball....so he looks a bit different. But the 'under the hood' action of turning the barrel is IDENTICAL. If I were hitting a ball I would look a bit different also. BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN I WOULD NOT BE DOING EXACTLY THE SAME THING THAT IS SHOWN.

MannysHands.gif
BSHandTurn.gif

Manny's first objective is to barrel up the ball. In order to do that, Manny needs his hands to provide DIRECTION for his body to follow. AS Manny is getting the handle to where it needs to go - to deliver the barrel - he is also LOADING the barrel.

The other guy is unloading at go.

Last edited:
May 3, 2014
What it sounds like he is saying is that the "under the hood" action as it relates to hitting a moving ball (not swinging at air) results in Direct then Launch. When you swing in your living room while trying to prevent yourself from falling on your rear because you have socks on - you launch then direct....because after all you are swinging at nothing.

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
You're right Butter, maybe he's comming around... LOL :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member