Just when you think you couldn't be more confused.....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
tumblr_peg96b9rl91usf292o1_400.gif

tumblr_pege46kzMb1usf292o1_400.gif

So do I............................
The only problem with that is that’s not what he said he did. LOL. I mean that kinda matters don’t you think?
Yeah....that's called 'real to feel'.
LOL. I mean that kinda matters don’t you think?
No, it's really said that YOU think THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS REGARDLESS OF VIDEO.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
tumblr_pl53afUguR1usf292o1_400.gif

This is what 'chopping a tree ' looks like. Neither hitter is TTB.
Again 'FEEL VS REAL'.
You can CHOP AWAY.....

The kid ‘turns’ aka ‘loads’ the barrel really well. There isn’t anything turning. Nice gif. Thanks for proving my point. I appreciate it.

The ‘loading’ of the barrel is the ‘turn’ of the barrel. You’ve been around for awhile. You should know this stuff. #PigInaTornado #BarrelLoad #WhipTheBarrel #DLL

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
Mike Lowell is so spot on here. Work your hands, find your hands, sync up your hands with your body.

It’s not rocket science. Easy.

As he moves ball/tee locations from out to in to front, his feet in the box also move to allow for his swing to work.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
A to B , down to like they say and do. They are not feels. The are reals. I teach it. It’s down to relative to where they want to release the barrel.

My only issue with this is it isn't real in the sense they are not standing vertical. They bend the torso and then they are A to B. I think that is what is wrong with the instruction and how I feel, is that the torso has to get into correct position before that is correct. Leaving that out was a huge issue for me to get past in my understanding as i continue to learn.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
As he moves ball/tee locations from out to in to front, his feet in the box also move to allow for his swing to work.

Yeah. It’s a release drill. Feeling your hands releasing early and later. As well as adjusting the hands IN to stay through the ball. He even spoke of some guys do it with a ‘ no stride’. Good stuff.

Both guys are talking about hands. Not the barrel. Big leaguers know what they do.

Not feel and real. Not directed at you. Just the guys on DFP who don’t get it. I’ll keep trying til they do. Or I get bored. Lol.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
My only issue with this is it isn't real in the sense they are not standing vertical. They bend the torso and then they are A to B. I think that is what is wrong with the instruction and how I feel, is that the torso has to get into correct position before that is correct. Leaving that out was a huge issue for me to get past in my understanding as i continue to learn.

I agree. Learning how to use your core is just as important as the hands. Ted said ‘hips and the hands’ aka core and the hands. My advice to you is to watch pros ‘core actions’ and try to mimick.

Look for Pro instructors on the web. See what they say. As well as pro players. They really do give out their ‘secrets’. A lot of the gurus are guessing imo. Beware of any that say ‘you have to’ or promise power or don’t speak of the hands. Just my experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdowowihcw