Just when you think you couldn't be more confused.....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
Last 2 minutes of this video.... why do they all say this? Regardless of what videos tell us.. a lot the greats all have this mentality/approach at the plate. Even Arod says that was his approach, based on what Bonds told him...wtf? Fast forward to 9:30

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Last 2 minutes of this video.... why do they all say this? Regardless of what videos tell us.. a lot the greats all have this mentality/approach at the plate. Even Arod says that was his approach, based on what Bonds told him...wtf? Fast forward to 9:30

Mikes swing path is ‘on top’ and ‘inside out’. Tell me what that means to you?

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Feel vs the real. Think we have to teach both. I know this video is music to your ears W=W. In order not to dip the shoulder and hit weak foul balls they want the feeling of being "on top and inside out". But that's not what really happens. Maybe inside out but not on top. They are on top in a sense but their torso tilts and rotates to produce a barrel (launch) angle up. They definitely do not hit down on the lower hemisphere of the ball and create backspin to hit dingers.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Feel vs the real. Think we have to teach both. I know this video is music to your ears W=W. In order not to dip the shoulder and hit weak foul balls they want the feeling of being "on top and inside out". But that's not what really happens. Maybe inside out but not on top. They are on top in a sense but their torso tilts and rotates to produce a barrel (launch) angle up. They definitely do not hit down on the lower hemisphere of the ball and create backspin to hit dingers.

They work from on top and inside so they are direct to the ball. The rear shoulder will work under no matter if your on top or not. It’s when the back shoulder drops that matters... the bat will work inside for as long as they can to create the straightest line possible.

A to B , down to like they say and do. They are not feels. The are reals. I teach it. It’s down to relative to where they want to release the barrel.

It’s like chopping a tree. It’s that simple. They all say it and do it. Have you tried it? Ted says and does. This isn’t rocket science. Lol.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I see Ted TTB!
tumblr_peg96b9rl91usf292o1_400.gif

tumblr_pege46kzMb1usf292o1_400.gif

So do I............................

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members