Jose Bautista hitting article.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I am perfectly fine with the debate. The entire "truth" thing is questionable. "Truth" is a matter of perception. And one person's "truth" is another person's agenda. Although Pattar is the mechanical engineer, I am more concerned about provable facts then any person's version of the "truth".
Ok. But the ‘JUDGE’ jury and executioner is the clips we stare at all day long right? I’m not saying I know all. I’m saying TMs stuff doesn’t match. Agree?

May 12, 2016
I've said this before..I never look at Rich's actual movements..they suck in general. His instruction is a lot better when he uses other's to get his points across. In this example he is moving out with his shoulder's upside down...my DD would be proud.

Anyway yes I have followed it. I believe that as long as you keep the stretch in your core and don't bleed it before launch, the core can pull. Some guys "sit" more (e.g. get into both legs) before launch and in others the swing "sits them". It will also depend on pitch type,location and whether or not their initial read was correct....

I think this is a very important point and something we always need to consider when viewing live game swings... Especially when looking at amateur swings, such as our DD's. How many pitches has a MLB player seen over their lifetime? So we can expect their initial read to be a much more fine tuned then our DD's. My question is, which approach gets our DD's in the best position to adapt to an initial poor read? Or is there such thing? If you make a bad read, are you able to recover?

FYI pattar, just building on a statement you made here and not questioning your approach. My question is not a hypothetical one.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Ok. But the ‘JUDGE’ jury and executioner is the clips we stare at all day long right? I’m not saying I know all. I’m saying TMs stuff doesn’t match. Agree?

I enjoyed your pun... :) In regards to your question, let's just say that there are many ways to interpret the video.

Jun 8, 2016
FYI pattar, just building on a statement you made here and not questioning your approach. My question is not a hypothetical one.
Most of the time my approach is to close my eyes and pray that her mother was athletic enough that it won't matter what I say.. :p

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
I've said this before..I never look at Rich's actual movements..they suck in general. His instruction is a lot better when he uses other's to get his points across. In this example he is moving out with his shoulder's upside down...my DD would be proud.

Anyway yes I have followed it. I believe that as long as you keep the stretch in your core and don't bleed it before launch, the core can pull. Some guys "sit" more (e.g. get into both legs) before launch and in others the swing "sits them". It will also depend on pitch type,location and whether or not their initial read was correct....

Here is an example of a student who gets into a good fyb position with obliques amongst all other available resources pulling the hands yet some here see as push or shift then swing.

Why do you suppose that is ?

GC8usNR.gif

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
pulling the hands yet some here see as push or shift then swing.
Why do you suppose that is ?

GC8usNR.gif

Because it is a push and shift swing. Watch the hands going forward as the body goes forward. Not to mention the bat path.
Rich must have really hurt you guys feelings. Care to talk about it...........

Feb 16, 2015
South East
GC8usNR.gif

Because it is a push and shift swing. Watch the hands going forward as the body goes forward. Not to mention the bat path.

What’s wrong with the bat path?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
GC8usNR.gif

Yep, she is moving forward but has balanced resistance against the move in the s-plane which allows her to hit (CRUSH) the off-speed.

Last edited:
May 12, 2016
GC8usNR.gif

COM shifts forward, hands/scap resist IMO. I thought bat path was good for this pitch location

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06