Jose Bautista hitting article.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
I am confused..is that Julray's kid or am I just missing the point?

Not that I am aware of :). I have no idea whose kid it is which is why I removed her face. The point like others (You included) have said sometimes your just better off letting them go and hope they find there way.. This young girl had a high level sequence naturally and hopefully was left alone...

Jun 8, 2016
Not my kid
Ok, then TDS needs to show an after to either prove he was right in saying to leave her alone after the parent did leave her alone and that was a 9YO Alyssa DiCarlo or that he was right in that the parent listened to advice given here and now the kid is a mess.... :p

Jun 8, 2016
Not that I am aware of :). I have no idea whose kid it is which is why I removed her face. The point like others (You included) have said sometimes your just better off letting them go and hope they find there way.. This young girl had a high level sequence naturally and hopefully was left alone...
Boo..I was hoping this had either a happy or sad ending so your point could be proven...LOL

Jun 8, 2016
Are you saying you don't like her movement sequence ? That's where its at :)
Never said that, only that there is no way to know if you (and others) were correct or not about leaving her alone (since you would agree I think that the swing wasn't mechanically perfect and even if sequence was good there were things which could be improved) unless we see the final result. Teaching young kids, if you choose to do so, is all about not breaking what they do well (oftentimes naturally) while trying to improve what they don't do well

2br02b

Trabant swing
Jul 25, 2017
Now I can see lots of faults with it, but I was also told, that's a push swing, she's swings around her body, not to and up through, she's leaking way beyond her back knee, TTB, Just TTB etc etc. These are all accurate statements and I don't blame anybody for it, but, but, what if I just let her naturally progress and adjust. I always think about that. Now she just looks confused, some days she gets it and things look great, other days you can see the results of over teaching. I wish I could go back and start over.. or just observe. She had a ton of success with that swing back then. Everybody on here has been really helpful, patient, kind and understanding... but I was not good enough for her.

Don't forget that a flawed swing can be very successful at 10U and 12U, but pitching at 14U will start to expose the weaknesses. You can't really know if your DD would still be having the same success if you "left her alone" because of the other factors that have changed. I have a hitter on my team that has not been able to rid herself of poor mechanics who has gone from hitting bombs at 10U and 12U in the 4th spot to being at a point where she may not make the batting lineup regularly anymore at 14U.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Never said that, only that there is no way to know if you (and others) were correct or not about leaving her alone (since you would agree I think that the swing wasn't mechanically perfect and even if sequence was good there were things which could be improved) unless we see the final result. Teaching young kids, if you choose to do so, is all about not breaking what they do well (oftentimes naturally) while trying to improve what they don't do well

If this was your kid what would you address mechanically ?

Jun 8, 2016
If this was your kid what would you address mechanically ?
Not much but she is a bit too much over her back leg at launch (look at her head alignment wrt to her belly button) and consequently her shoulders are somewhat upside down at launch.

You didn't happen to give FFS your account password did you?? ;)

Reactions: TDS

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
There are various opinions concerning what the optimal mechanics actually are. In some cases, they are specific things that each side views as absolutes (could be IR vs. HE if quoting the pitching forum). But many are slight little word changes. Unfortunately many seem afraid to admit the similarities for whatever reason.

Bold above, i think this is pretty specific to my point of the hanson principle and the fact that HE is truly a false concept that you do not see in 95% of all high level pitchers, i would even say 100%. I do not see the same ability to show this in hitting. Though i assume it is out there, i could show example after example that HE does not happen in the elite pitcher. It seems in hitting that generic words are used in describing hitting that allows for interpretation for whatever meets that persons idea of the swing. I truly believe there are absolutes, i just find them hard to find on this site. People always use the excuse of pitch location and other factors that don't allow that analysis. I dont necessarily agree but have no way to refute.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying