Jose Bautista hitting article.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 3, 2014
VaHMLc.gif

Hands stay by rear shoulder - barrel moves away from neck. Not sure how else barrel moves away from neck that early without using forearms to turn handle. Keep staring at the top hand. There is no pulling forward. Thumb is moving rearwards. Oh wait, maybe the core is magically doing that LOL...

Nov 16, 2017
VaHMLc.gif

Hands stay by rear shoulder - barrel moves away from neck. Not sure how else barrel moves away from neck that early without using forearms to turn handle. Keep staring at the top hand. There is no pulling forward. Thumb is moving rearwards. Oh wait, maybe the core is magically doing that LOL...

If by forearms you mean the rear elbow begins a downward action to the slot position, then I am on board.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
VaHMLc.gif

Great shot. I especially like the amount of top hand movement versus the amount of bottom hand movement. Torque...

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali

Here’s the full swing. A to B guys. No magic beans. No torque. No neck slot. No bopping.

Direction, lag, whip. A to B. Inside on a direct line. Learn swing path.

Here’s Edgar explaining his.

May 12, 2016
VaHMLc.gif

This is not impressive. Play the next few frames and then we will see the handle being pulled and barrel beginning to blur. Is all the fuss about this minute movement? lol.

Guys seriously, pick up a bat. Load, retract/resist with scap as larger core muscles start engage at heel plant.. video what happens to the tip of your bat without thinking about TTB the barrel with your hands or forearms. The scap will begin to loose the battle to the larger core muscles, it will begin to fold under the pressure and the barrel will tip the way we see in this gif. Let me ask you this, would you prefer your larger muscles causing this action.. or your hands/forearms. I'm not against TTB.. just don't believe it's hands/forearms dominated action from a neck slot/or any other position.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12