It's softball season!!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
I do like Fall in my opinion, more consistant weather and temps.

I agree with you there. My personal reasons for disliking HS Softball in the Fall:

1. Both my girls really want to play Softball and Volleyball. Now have to choose between the two
2. All our surrounding states play HS in the Spring, which makes that Travel Tournaments in both Fall and Spring not as strong as they might be otherwise.

Sep 22, 2021
Sioux Falls, SD
I hear you. Our high school season here is in spring now and middle school is in fall. Basically most games will be delayed and all out double headers in May is what'll happen :p

Jan 22, 2011
DD daughter starts her HS senior year campaign this week with two scrimmages. HS tournament starts next Wednesday. First game is against a HS coached by a good friend I coached a 10u-C team with the summer my DD was born.

May 27, 2022
Oh, I forget that the majority of you are probably living in states with sane leadership that has school softball as a Spring sport.

Our silly state has HS softball as a fall sport.

And our stupid state has SB as a summer sport - HS practice doesn't start until 1May!!:rolleyes:

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
My daughter just got great personal news about softball. She was slated to be the back up catcher and PT third baseman for her college this spring, but the starting catcher decided not to play anymore due to a variety of reasons. While this girl was very good, and a former D1 player, she was not well-liked in the locker room.

The coach informed my daughter she's now getting 80% of the innings behind the plate. Not too bad for a girl cut from her LL Williamsport team in 7th grade.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
Oh, I forget that the majority of you are probably living in states with sane leadership that has school softball as a Spring sport.

Our silly state has HS softball as a fall sport.

We deal with the same. For weather, I like it better. But it does mess with the Travel side significantly.

May 20, 2015
gonna hit 50+ here in central maine, but we've still got a solid month plus where we could get dumped on.....i'd say there's still 6-10" on our fields......we start conditioning week march 20

but DD1 was outside in Boston again yesterday for an intrasquad, and went 2-2 with 3 rbi and a walk.......2nd straight intrasquad where she lit it up, they have a closed scrimmage Sunday, head to FLA to watch two weeks form tomorrow......so spring fever is kicking hard right now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi